“Love, Love, Loved It!!”

Wicked on Broadway
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My hubby and I went to see Wicked in March 2013 as part of our trip to NYC for my 30th Birthday.

I have seen Wicked on Broadway before and I was very much looking forward to taking my husband to see this musical.

The music, sets, lighting, and costumes were amazing as always!! The cast were excellent and the humour injected into the script was brilliant!!

The Gershwin Theatre is an awesome venue and I would gladly visit again to view Wicked or any other Broadway production.

Give it a go!! You will not be disappointed!!

Write a ReviewReviews (8,764)

Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

I've heard over and over how amazing Wicked is. Ive always been a big fan of the Wizard of Oz, so I have wanted to see it. I wasn't sure I'd be blown away though, having seen and worked with so many Productions.
We sat just a few rows down from the very top, but because we were right in the center we could see everything. My family sat a few rows lower (also on the mezzanine) but all the way to one side. They said they were able to see fine as well. If I saw it again, I would chose similar seats (top, center $89 before fees) My only complaint was it was a little harder to hear on top & the people behind us would not stop talking at one point, making it harder to focus and hear everything. You could encounter rude neighbors sitting anywhere though, I will never understand how people could be so inconsiderate at a show (this isn't a rock concert!!)
Back to the show....I was skeptical in the beginning, started laughing harder and harder in Act 1 and by Act 2 was completely won over! There weren't any mind blowing effects, it was purely the storyline and the AMAZING cast. I had no idea how hysterical the 2 main characters would be, and I even shed a tear at one point. I'm glad I walked in blind, only knowing the story of Oz. This is the story of how the characters all came about. REALLY REALLY ENJOYED THIS SHOW!!!!!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This was by far the best play I have ever seen. It was so good it made me want to cry. It actually erased all my childhood fears of the Wicked Witch. Glinda was amazingly good and perfect for the role. Elphaba was phenomenal, absolutely phenomenal! I loved it!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

that wicked witch can SING. fun story. great effects! didn't like being limited to buying tickets either from the powers of darkness (Ticketmaster) or right at the box office without the "ticket service fee"

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This was my second time seeing the show. I didn't think I could love it anymore than I did the first time, but I was blown away once again. It is clever, the music is fabulous and the costumes are beyond compare. Go see it!

1  Thank eastcoastbb