“Hip, fun hotel”

Ranked #186 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Nashville, Tennessee
“Hip, fun hotel”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We very much enjoyed our stay at The Bowery Hotel. This property is very authentic and full of charm, and staff is very welcoming and accommodating. We stayed in a corner King room as recommended in a review I read. The room was spacious and the view was fantastic. You have to request a corner king and the staff at the front desk lets you know upon check in if a corner king is available. We were celebrating our anniversary, so I was thrilled that it worked for us to have a corner room.

Room Tip: Definitely request a corner king room. They are more spacious and the view can't be beat!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TPL1970

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
London
Reviewed May 27, 2014

So it's a hot day, and you decide to pop in to the Lobby Bar at the Bowery Hotel for a drink. You still want to be outside, so you head to the back and sit at an empty table. About to order a drink before the door man (or host) comes to advise that all seats in the lobby bar are reserved for people staying at the hotel. I question where we could drink, and told at the bar.

Looking around, the lobby bar was about 10-20% full on a Sunday afternoon. There's an abundance of empty seats. Was I not dressed right? Blazer, shirt, dark jeans and shoes. Did I not greet the staff as I walked in? yep I did, with a smile and ask how they were. Did I not look right? who knows. One thing is for sure, the attitude of the staff, especially the bald guy with the beard said I didn't want to be spending any money here. Sunday afternoon, in an empty bar and you can't have a sit and a drink because you want to appear an ultra-cool Bar ?

The décor of the hotel is nice, it just a shame about the Pretentious Staff

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank benabouttown
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 20, 2014

I've stayed here three times, and each visit gets more and more awesome. The Bowery Hotel oozes with old school charm. For a special treat, try to book a room on one of the upper floors to chill in one of the bathtubs. Great magazine selection in the rooms. Only downside is the confusing set up for plugging anything into the wall. I hope you like working from bed and setting your curling iron on the toilet. Also, the keys with the tassels offer a nice touch, but I mostly leave the tassels in the room so I don't lose them as they are VERY expensive to replace!

The front desk staff were more than charming and let us store our luggage while we did some running around St Mark's Place and teleworking in the lobby. As far as food goes, Gemma is DELICIOUS. I try to save room for their affogato every time I visit. The lobby is cozy and ideal for splitting a bottle of sparkling water. It IS pricey, so best leave your lobby scotch tastings to company tabs only!

Room Tip: Higher levels have bathtubs
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank danaisagirl
East Coast
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Your wants and needs are quickly met from the time you arrive at the curb. Exceptionally professional staff. Luxurious amenities. We had a corner room with amazing, ever changing views from sundown, through the night and sun rise. One of my favorite NYC hotels.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 5, 2014

We stayed for 5 nights as part of our honeymoon and everything was 5 star - food, drinks and most notably the service. They are the most professional staff I have encountered in the States. Will be coming back next year!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Service, accommodation, restaurant, beds, view, location - ALL FIVE STAR. It snowed during my first night there so I woke up to the most wonderful view. The hotel is within walking distance of lots of interesting shops (shopaholic heaven, especially is you like small quirky stores) and easy access to buses or the Subway if you want to go Uptown. I'd stay there again in a heart beat, except I'd never be able to afford it because my son used to work there and got me a very very special deal.

Room Tip: I always have a window open at night, even in the depths of winter, so even though the windows are d...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Tzanee
Wicklow, Ireland
Reviewed April 12, 2014

This was our second time staying here. Essentially I used to live in the neighbourhood, some time ago, so I feel comfortable here. NY has changed a lot but this area not so much, except the block I used to live on has been demolished. However, the hotel has really nice, friendly staff and the lounge and conservatory are lovely. Whilst the rooms are smallish, though they all are in NYC, the large windows make them airy and comfortable. Beds are good, as are bathrooms. There are so many things to do in this area and it is well placed for SOHO, Lower East Side, West Village, East Village , Nolita etc that it is great to have a place you can wander in and out of.
We had a room overlooking a lovely little park/historical cemetery and the light was lovely for Spring. If I was staying in Summer however I would probably opt for a room above the Bowery or facing Uptown just to limit the sun! Would want to stay here again next time in NY.

Room Tip: HIgher floors are quiet and great views
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple