“Lovely atmosphere and rooms!” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
The Bowery Hotel
Ranked #133 of 464 Hotels in New York City
San Francisco, California, United States
“Lovely atmosphere and rooms!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

I recently stayed at The Bowery Hotel for 6 days for Fashion Week. I stayed in a standard queen on the 11th floor. It was really lovely, the rugs are pretty, the lighting is great and the views were stunning. It really was a pleasure getting back to my room everyday. I had everything I needed and even though it was small I was very happy. The bar is one of my favorites and even though it is buzzing downstairs, the room was quiet. I couldn't have enjoyed it more!
I don't think the queen would be good for two people. I would definitely recommend this hotel over the Soho Grand, Dream Downtown and Standard. There is no comparison really.
I would definitely stay there again. Also the mini bar is very well stocked for the modern traveler.

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I have been here twice. First time was in 2011. We had come to NYC to see the premier of Martha Marcy May Marlene. We decided to stay at the Bowery Hotel which turned out to be the perfect plan. We had one of their suites which is a little on the expensive side but not for what we got and how it made us feel. Very clean, beautifully decorated, and lots of space. We loved their bedding and the sheets with the red trim. We had a nice view of Bowery and all the action outside.

The night we were there Paul McCartney was having his US wedding reception at their club. We had no idea. It was very exciting walking up to our hotel and seeing all the lights and cameras. I actually bumped(gently) into Billy Joel in the entrance of the hotel. No one was being let in except people with reservations. It was magical and very special.

The second time was less eventful but just as wonderful. We got a king sized room and again it was perfect. The lobby is still my favorite part of the experience. I also love this section of the city. Lots going on.

The lobby is total eye candy. We didn't want to leave it. It is furnished with lots of rugs, overstuffed couches, wood and a giant fire place. Very romantic. Lots of people hanging out having a good time.

Gemma is a great place for breakfast. I didn't go on these trips but have a few times in the summer. It is fun to sit outside, people watch and have wonderful food. Very relaxing.

This is definitely one of my top 10 NYC hotels.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

Fabulous hotel. Amazing cocktails, and a great bartender. Awesome location. Faultless. The door staff uniforms were like something off a Clockwork Orange. Easy walking distance to Katz's deli, and Greenwich Village

Room Tip: Ask for a bath!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

Was exactly what I was looking for small boutique hotel with a real bathtub to relax and I did
The room was large enough and wow the bathtub outstanding
Also enjoyed the patio where smokers can light up having a cup of coffee
Will return soon
Good job

• Stayed August 2013
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a great hotel - especially if you are looking for a good, small one convenient to downtown locations. The esthetic is definetly one imported from Brooklyn, and the crowd in the bar is young and hip - but not oppressively so.
We stay in about three different places in this part of the city when we need to be in lower Manhatten, and our first stay at the Bowery confirmed that this was a good addition to the list. We hosted a small cocktail party in the wine room at Gemma, the restaurant attached to the hotel, and it was a perfect location and the staff did a terrific job.

I haven't got a single negative thing to add here! Highly recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

This place is a beautiful and peaceful hotel that my wife and I enjoyed weary much. The room we had was wonderful, with a nice view.
The staff is weary caring and they made us feel comfortable.
There are many good bars and restaurants in the neighborhood.

• Stayed May 2013
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I felt like I was staying in the guest room in my gradmother's house, mostly in a good way. This hotel would have felt terribly dated 10 years ago, it's hipster-chic and cool again. (Picture doilies resting on an arm chair and you get the idea.) I must have gotten an ADA-accessible room because the shower had no type of barrier, only a curtain, so my bathroom floor was a total mess. Very little space in the bathroom, but the room was spacious by New York standards. The room service for breakfast was great, and the bar was fun at night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business