“Perfect hotel to stay !”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca
Ranked #171 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My friend and I stayed in the 'Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca' for 6 nights in January 2014 and we absolutely loved staying there!

The location is perfect, from the hotel it is a 2-minute walk into Soho. The staff is so friendly and was very helpfull and accommodating. We were given a room at the front side of the hotel, but as I am a light sleeper, the NY street noice bothered me. I went down to ask the staff if it would be possible to swith to back-side room. That was absolutely no problem at all and we were given another room at the back-side right away.

The hotel is clean and light; free tea and coffee were served every day in the lobby.

The beds were really good! I have never slept so well in a hotel bed as I did in this one. The rooms are clean cosy. There are quite large, too. Would definitely go back to this hotel next time I visit New York.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, ask for a room at the back-side of the hotel. From all the times I staye...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank MariaKaassie
Write a ReviewReviews (1,519)

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Here is my experience of 2 weeks at the Hilton Garden Inn. I will review all the element I have experimented during my stay. Overview Nice location and staff, however the hotel needs a major update and a focus in cleaning the room to a better standard. Recommendation: i will book somewhere else. Lobby. Nice lobby where you can get free coffee to take away all day and nice biscuits during the afternoon. Be aware there is only one working lift. so plan 5 extra minutes if you want to go up and down. I stayed 2 weeks so i believe it was an important issue. Bedroom Bedroom are a good size and use neutral wall paper. However in my room, the wall paper were going off the wall in some corners (this is unacceptable for an hotel). Everything you need is there. Bathroom very nice size and spacious. Be aware there is no toothbrush and paste offered. Also, there is no bathrobe. Cleanness This is the biggest room of improvement. The room was as clean as it should be. A coffee stain stayed for 4 days... I had a too small bed sheet. i don't know how that is possible really. They never took away my laundry. i had to bring it to reception. and they never took it back to my room either. So i went back to the reception. Restaurant and room service. Great employees once again. Product were ok but overpriced for the overall quality. Breakfast. It is really good. You can get almost everything you want. it is 15$ so go if you really need one. remember coffee is free in your room and from the lobby. Gym Once again, great machine and pretty new however some are broken and the water tank takes few days to be refilled. Where are the hotelkeepers in this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Craig G, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Alexian,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your extended stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your detailed input on our service and appointment and we will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience moving forward. We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may better demonstrate our commitment to your satisfaction.

Craig Goldman
HGI Tribeca NYC

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Stayed with my family in two romos at this hotel during a three day visit to Manhattan for tourism purposes. We chose it principally for its great location in Tribeca, with the entrance to a subway station just at the front door.

Good size romos, with all amenities, and the reception staff was very helpful with practical issues, such as airport transfer etc.

This is not a hotel with a lot of servcices, and the breakfast is serviced in the Street level diner, which is the only restaurant on the premises.

But if you are looking for a comfortable room and bed at a great location, this is your choice. There are plenty of choices for breakfast and dining just outside the door anyway.

Room Tip: We had rooms facing the interior, so we had no problems with street noice.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Vikongo
Reviewed February 21, 2014

heating unit was very noisey when on, had p shut ot off to get sleep. Otherwise decent room, clean and comfortable mattress. room rate was very reasonable, it was a last minute booking due to snow storm.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Overall we enjoyed staying at this Hotel. However, the heat was not good at all the first night. it wasn't until Sunday before the heat was felt consistently in the room. And that was after so many guess had checked out. And I guess that took the pressure off the heating system. Besides that I still would give this Hotel a top rating. 4 Stars

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 20, 2014

An excellent hotel right above Canal Street Station and in the heart of the Soho district. Helpful friendly staff and clean generously sized rooms. My wife and I have stayed there twice now and would go back in a heart beat. A very good hotel away (but not too far) from the madness that is Times Square.

Room Tip: Good double glazed windows so you are safe having a room facing 6th Ave
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Scott R
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times and the service provided by the staff is excellent. I often get to the hotel late and appreciate having the AOA Grill on premises to get a drink and something to eat right on premises. In nicer weather I enjoyed the many restaurants nearby in Little Italy, China Town, Soho and the Village.