“Hilton Garden Inn Avenue of Americas”

Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca
Ranked #180 of 467 Hotels in New York City
Dallas, United States
“Hilton Garden Inn Avenue of Americas”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

My overall experience was quite favorable. The early maid service was a bit disruptive, but I did forget to put out Do No Disturb sign, hence my comment on sleep. I liked the convenience of the restaurant, and it was quite pleasant. And housekeeping was very efficient.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

MSLI155019, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Hello and thank you for your perfect review of our hotel. I am glad to see that you enjoyed your visit with us. We take great pride at ensuring that our guests have a comfortable home away from home while in NYC and I am happy that your recent visit met your expectations. I will be sure to share your comments regarding the early Housekeeping service with our team so that they can see how this affects our valued guests. Please be sure to contact me on your next trip to NYC so that we can ensure you have another 5 star stay.

Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Polish first
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel on July 5. Everything was great. The guy at the front desk was great, I think his name is Omar. The way he talked to me, I felt that I'm special! He also gave us a map, showed us where is the subway, grocery store and ect. Room was nice and clean, a little small but it's NY. I didn't expect it to be huge. If I go to NY again will stay in this hotel again!!!

• Stayed July 2013
MSLI155019, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Thank you for your fantastic 5 star review. I am glad to see that Omar provided you with the service that he has become known for. He takes pride in his work and I will be sure to share your comments with him. Please come back and see us again soon so that we can continue to provide you with a safe and friendly home away from home while in NYC.

Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Great location, great hotel, friendly and helpful staff. Not much of a view from our room, but we weren't looking for that as we went to spend time OUTSIDE of the hotel. Room was quiet and clean.l I would recommend this property as well as Peplinos (for lunch or dinner) across the street.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello and thank you for your great review. We are delighted to hear that our location and staff made for a good trip to NYC. Tribeca is a fantastic area of NYC which offers plenty of great places for our guests to visit. Its nice to see that you enjoyed your time with us. Please feel free to contact me personally should you find yourself back in NYC and we will ensure another perfect stay.

København, Danmark
Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

Hotel is right on canal st subway, very easy to get around with the subway. 300 meters to hudson river, a nice place to take a walk down the river. The staff always greeted you welcome when we returned home. The room had a nice size, two queensize beds. Aircon was a bit noisy.

MSLI155019, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for your fantastic review on our property. It is great to see that our location worked out well for you. Tribeca is a great part of the city that offers something for everyone. Please come back and see us real soon so that we can help to ensure another great stay. Our staff are truly dedicated to creating memories for our guests and we would all love to see you again!

Burlingame, California
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Clean and friendly. Coffee service in the lobby in the morning. Front desk staff helpful. Location is slightly out of the way but very close to a number of different subway lines. Very little street noise at night. An excellent value!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
MSLI155019, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Hello and thank you for your kind review. We are glad to see that our hotel accommodated all of your needs for your visit to NYC. Please feel free to contact us if we can ever be of any assistance in the future. We hope to see you back as our guest shortly.

Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is my third trip to New York and first time staying in TriBeCa . I was pleasantly surprised by the friendly and courteous staff. I was travelling with my two sisters and found it difficult to find a hotel that would accommodate three in a room. This hotel filled the bill. There were two double beds and the room was a good size as far as room size goes in New York . The beds were very comfortable and the bedding was luxurious. Rooms were very clean. I would definitely stay here again.

Green Features: Should have a recycling container in the room to put empty water bottles, news papers, cardboard etc.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
MSLI155019, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Debbie J,

I wanted to reach out and personally thank you for your fantastic review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that our staff provided you with the service that they have become so well known for. They truly pride themselves on making memories for each and every guest. I am also happy to see that our accommodations were comfortable for you and your family. Please come back and see us again soon as we would like to continue making memories for you and your family.

Beijing, China
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Next to subway station, and an acceptable clean room. These are all the good things I can think about for this hotel.

Extremely slow and poor service whenever you would call for anything. Bad temper at the reception who think they are the king of the world. Small room, and very very dark.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
MSLI155019, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn New York/Tribeca, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Valued Guest,

I wanted to first sincerely thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent stay with us. It is comments such as yours that allows me the opportunity to reevaluate our current practices to ensure that we are providing each of our guests with world-class service. I want to apologize that our service fell below your expectations during your visit. Our entire team is passionate and committed to the continuous improvement of our services and amenities and I truly hope that this was an isolated incident. I will be sure to share your comments as a training tool with the team here at the hotel to ensure that we have no repeat occurrences. Please feel free to contact me directly at matthew.slippoy@hhmlp.com so that we can discuss your concerns further in an attempt to make things right and restore your faith in our property. Again, thank you for your feedback and I look forward to being in contact with you shortly.