“Lip s'mac-kin”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery
Neighborhood: East Village
Description: S'MAC (short for Sarita's Macaroni & Cheese) is an exciting eatery located in the heart of Manhattan's East Village. We opened our doors on June 24, 2006. We specialize in, you guessed it, Macaroni & Cheese! Our menu is simple yet delicious with a variety of "MACS" available. Come check us out -- you won't be disappointed! You can eat-in or take-out or cater your next party.
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I applaud the woman that started this chain. I came in here with a preconceived notion that I was going to get a watered down commercial/fast food styled macaroni cheese meal. Fortunately I was mistaken. Generous portions of cheese were used resulting in a very tasty nearly homemade tasting dish. I was impressed in that there were so many offerings with regard to building your own dish. I had the four cheese dish and was very satisfied. I will try it next with shitake mushrooms ...nice alternative to your run of the mill pizza...

1  Thank Yvonne917

Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

We went there for lunch. It's fun to find a mac and cheese restaurant! You can get different sizes and lots of good tastes. Several vegetarian options too. I got the 4 cheese one and my husb took the brie and figues one. Staff was not very friendly but service was fast.

1  Thank cherry c
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My husband and twin daughters ate at S'MAC in March 2013. We love the Mac and cheese. We got the sampler and enjoyed it and ordered more. We all agreed we would go back any time we are in the city. But there is one issue. There is one thing I do want to say and give you an idea why there was an issue, I am from Florida where restaurants have plenty of room and you can talk privately. At S'MAC there is not a lot of room (normal in NYC) so simply be aware. But the food is great just be ready for a snug atmosphere. ENJOY!

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

This place is so delicious. Felt like home in the south on a cold NYC winter day! You can customize your mac and cheese how ever you'd like, and choose the size of your portion. It's made to order and well with the wait. It's ooey gooey goodness for a friendly price. Perfection!

1  Thank Ucfknights12
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Was taking to this spot and wasn't disappointed. This is one of those guilty pleasure spots. Mac n cheese in different ways to be ordered. Order at the front and grab a number and take a seat. Would def come back.