“It's so cheesy!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery
Neighborhood: East Village
Description: S'MAC (short for Sarita's Macaroni & Cheese) is an exciting eatery located in the heart of Manhattan's East Village. We opened our doors on June 24, 2006. We specialize in, you guessed it, Macaroni & Cheese! Our menu is simple yet delicious with a variety of "MACS" available. Come check us out -- you won't be disappointed! You can eat-in or take-out or cater your next party.
Coram, New York
“It's so cheesy!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We want on a Saturday afternoon and the place was packed! It only has a few tables, so grab one as soon as you walk in if you can. We weren't in any rush, but heard people who were sitting down say they were waiting an hour already for their food. Well, it was certainly worth the wait for us. My hubs ordered the cheeseburger Mac and I ordered the parisienne. We loved that they came out in hot skillets and oh so cheesey! They don't rush you it the door when you're done either. We'll definitely be going back!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank volvogrrl

Los Angeles, California
“Waited an hour for food; thankfully yummy Mac and cheese”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

Went with a group of 4 after it was recommended to me. The line was out the door, which seemed promising. After ordering, it took 55 minutes to get our food. The staff, 3 disinterred girls, kept saying it would be any minute and we just needed to want for clean skillets for serving. What could possibly take this long remains unclear to me. Thankfully, the mac and cheese was pretty yummy when it was finally ready. To be fair, people who came in later, did not seem to have as long a wait; even still, I will never return.

• Visited September 2013
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Excellent for Gluten Free”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is like a pizza restaurant for Mac and Cheese. Being GF, I appreciated that I could have a variety of items and enjoy something out of the norm. I had two teens with me who thoroughly enjoyed the Mac and Cheese. You order individually and steaming hot iron skillets (personal size) are delivered to your table. A fun meal while in NYC.

• Visited July 2013
Weymouth, Massachusetts
“Mac & cheese heaven”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

All mac & cheese ALL the time. Choose your own combination of ingredients or special skillets of goodness. We loved the size choices and nosh size was enough for lunch. Price was very reasonable. The small place was filled with a wait at lunchhour.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank glensue118
New York, New York
“Delicious, But They're Certainly Not Giving Anything Away Here...”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

It's practically the granddaddy of the NYC 'kitsch' eateries. Can't really call it a restaurant because seating is way limited, however, they're good at what they do. The offerings are always tasty, but not a particularly big bargain. They stick to their small, medium and large system and for my buck, the 'nosh' size is ridiculously small and negligible. Children will need two 'noshes' just to feel like they ate something. So in reality, if you're looking for something to EAT that won't leave you hanging, you'll need at least a 'major munch' portion (which to me is 'small') and that brings the price of entry to an average of $10. Again, the offerings are really very good- my favorites are the Mediterranean and the Alpine. Cheesy, starchy goodness everytime.

Visited August 2013