Due to several positive feedback on this hotel, I booked a 5N stay. With taxes etc, worked out to be an average of USD320 per night. I needed a place with clean rooms, transport convenience and surrounding area relatively safe. This hotel fulfills these criteria. They gave me the room that faced the street...it is a quiet street. But the opposite building was probably doing some refurbishment and the garbage truck came by a few times in the early morning. The dragging and throwing of stuff was loud and one can hardly rest well.
Buffet breakfast included with the price. Spread is pretty decent - bread, cinnamon buns, waffles, cornflakes, sausages, bacon strips, omelettes, coffee, tea and juices. 9 to 10am is probably most crowded, but food constantly being topped up. Kudos to the 3 food service staff ! One day I was seated and having my breakfast...one guest who had wanted to reach the buffet table quicker had the cheek to wave at me to get up to let him cross over. One of the service staff spotted and immediately requested him to take a longer route instead - without me having to get up. Thumbs up to attentiveness!
Hotel is within 3mins & 5mins walk to 28th street and Penn station respectively so getting around is really easy. There are many eateries selling sandwiches, pizza around the area. You can walk to Macy, Empire State Building and Times Square easily.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thank you for choosing the newly renovated Holiday Inn Express New York City - Chelsea hotel located right in the heart of Chelsea and Madison Square Garden area. We include a complimentary hot and cold Express Start Breakfast for all guests of the hotel. Our recently refreshed 15-story high-rise hotel with amenities include free high speed wired and wireless Internet access, free local calls, fitness center, rear garden terrace and a full business center. We are just ten short blocks from Times Square. Also within walking distance is Penn Station, the Empire State Building, Jacob Javits Convention Center, Fashion Institute of Technology, Theatre District, Macy's, mid-town and 5th Avenue shopping. Rockefeller Center is just one mile away! We are also centrally located to many fine restaurants, entertainment venues and some of the finest shopping the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express New York City - Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Nyc - Madison Square Garden Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn