Deciding on a place to stay in New York (stayed in June 2013 for 5 nights) was a daunting task, indeed. Finding a convenient location with amenities was a priority, for us a family of five. We finally decided on this property after the multiple positive reviews on the net. This property offered us free wi-fi as well as breakfast. After doing the booking through the IHG website (got a great deal), we called up the hotel with specific requests, all of which they met. The front desk was extremely helpful and check in was a breeze. The rooms were clean, albeit a little small and had all that one would need on a trip. In one of our rooms we could not set the code on our safe. However this was attended to promptly and there were no subsequent issues. Toiletries including razors were just a phone call away. The beds were quite comfortable and after a good nights sleep it was time to tuck into a hearty breakfast. The breakfast was vast and catered to all (one of my sons is vegetarian). The staff here was very helpful and made us feel very comfortable. There were pancakes, muffins, bagels, various breads, fruits and juices, yogurt, sausages, cheeses, eggs, salami etc. For me the crowning glory was coffee and tea being available in the lobby 24x7. Never needed to use the tea/coffee maker in the room. What a boon, as I was able to catch up with friends in the lobby over a lovely coffee. The wi-fi was good and we could connect to multiple devices (unlike a few hotels where you could only use one device per room). Location was superb and walking distance to all major attractions. Getting back late was also not a problem and we felt safe at all times. Check out was also a breeze and they gave us a late checkout. The staff was brilliant, especially Mr. Dempsey with whom I had a lot of constructive interactions. Would we stay at this property again? Definitely and would recommend it to all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Express New York City - Chelsea hotel located right in the heart of Chelsea and Madison Square Garden area. We include a complimentary hot and cold Express Start Breakfast for all guests of the hotel. Our hotel is a new 15 story high-rise hotel with amenities to include free high speed wired and wireless Internet access, free local calls, fitness center, rear garden terrace and a full business center. We are just ten short blocks from Times Square. Also within walking distance is Penn Station, the Empire State Building, Jacob Javits Convention Center, Fashion Institute of Technology, Theatre District, Macy's, mid-town and 5th Avenue shopping. Rockefeller Center is just one mile away! We are also centrally located to many fine restaurants, entertainment venues and some of the finest shopping the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express New York City - Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Nyc - Madison Square Garden Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn