My family and I stayed 2 nights at this hotel in June 2013. It was wonderful! It smells fresh and clean as you walk in from the street. Right out front are a dozen or so little bistro tables that have umbrellas and seat 4 people around them for outdoor dining or relaxing. The front desk staff were very polite and very accommodating. The hotel held all of our bags all day while we were out sightseeing. Check in was fast and effective. I should note that they do put a $50 incedental fee on your credit card but assured me it will be removed as long as the room is undamaged.
We stayed in room 917. The room was small but this is New York so that was expected. The elevators were pretty good for only having 2 for the whole hotel. We had very few times we waited more than a minute or two. Back to the room, it was very crisp and clean. The A/C system worked wonderfully and were were very comfortable. The bathroom was clean, well stocked and has plenty of towels. We requested an extra blanket and it was brought up immediately. It was a nice thick one too, not a flimsy, thin one.
The complimentary breakfast was good. Nothing spectacular but not so bad you cant eat it. It is free after all. They offer pancakes, eggs with cheese, sausage, juices, coffee, tea, water, oatmeal packets, dry cereal, milk, muffins, bagels, english muffins, warm cinnamon rolls, bread for toast and more! The staff keep it well stocked and organized. It gets a little hectic but we managed to find tables both mornings.
All in all a wonderful stay. No complaints here!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thank you for choosing the newly renovated Holiday Inn Express New York City - Chelsea hotel located right in the heart of Chelsea and Madison Square Garden area. We include a complimentary hot and cold Express Start Breakfast for all guests of the hotel. Our recently refreshed 15-story high-rise hotel with amenities include free high speed wired and wireless Internet access, free local calls, fitness center, rear garden terrace and a full business center. We are just ten short blocks from Times Square. Also within walking distance is Penn Station, the Empire State Building, Jacob Javits Convention Center, Fashion Institute of Technology, Theatre District, Macy's, mid-town and 5th Avenue shopping. Rockefeller Center is just one mile away! We are also centrally located to many fine restaurants, entertainment venues and some of the finest shopping the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express New York City - Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Nyc - Madison Square Garden Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn