We recently stayed here for 3 nights while visiting NY.
The room was small but clean and perfectly adequate. There were the usual amenities, tv, tea/coffee makers, iron, hairdryer etc. The air conditioning although a bit noisy worked extremely well - I do like a cold room and most hotels I stay at I find to be quite warm and stuffy but not here, the air con cooled in no time. The free wi-fi worked well and caused no problems.
I did read some complaints about there only being 2 lifts and it being slow if you were on a high floor - we were on the 12th floor and never encountered any long waits or problems with the lift.
The staff were all very helpful and friendly and were happy to store our bags on the last day due to a late flight.
The location of the hotel is fantastic - a few minutes walk from Penn Station making most of NY accessible from here and within walking distance of so many attractions.
My only slight grumble would be that breakfast was a bit chaotic - there were nowhere near enough seats for the guest and we ended up sitting outside on 2 of our 3 mornings there - it would have been nice in the summer but was quite chilly when we were there. It was often quite hard to get into the breakfast as well due to the amount of people waiting on toast, pancakes etc. I don't know what the ideal solution would be but felt it doesn't work very well as things stand just now. However, on the plus side the choice and quality of the breakfast bearing in mind its complimentary was excellent; it more than set us up for the day and saved having to go out and find somewhere to eat.
Another plus was that tea/coffee was available from the lobby all day, it was great being able to grab a cuppa on the way up to the room.
Overall a fantastic hotel in a fantastic location offering excellent value for money, only minor complaint on organisation of breakfast but nothing that would put me off coming here again or recommending the hotel. Excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thank you for choosing the newly renovated Holiday Inn Express New York City - Chelsea hotel located right in the heart of Chelsea and Madison Square Garden area. We include a complimentary hot and cold Express Start Breakfast for all guests of the hotel. Our recently refreshed 15-story high-rise hotel with amenities include free high speed wired and wireless Internet access, free local calls, fitness center, rear garden terrace and a full business center. We are just ten short blocks from Times Square. Also within walking distance is Penn Station, the Empire State Building, Jacob Javits Convention Center, Fashion Institute of Technology, Theatre District, Macy's, mid-town and 5th Avenue shopping. Rockefeller Center is just one mile away! We are also centrally located to many fine restaurants, entertainment venues and some of the finest shopping the city has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express New York City - Chelsea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Nyc - Madison Square Garden Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn New York City
- New York City Holiday Inn