“Home”
Review of The London NYC

The London NYC
Ranked #180 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed June 18, 2010

We had experienced some problems at another hotel and decided to check out. We called over to The London NYC as we had plans to stay there later in the week.
Elvi one of the managers if the hotel was able to take care of everything for us. He was able to get us the requested room with two twin beds immediately, saving us from the horrible experience at the other hotel.
The room was beautiful; very clean and well kept. Having the bedroom separate from the living room was really nice for when one of us would like to stay up while the other was asleep made it feel more like home. My favorite part was the turn down service. House keeping comes in and get's your bed ready just like Mom used to!
The Hotel is close to central park, which was really nice for us as my friend and I enjoyed running there. It's also quite close to Time Square, there is a bit of a walk but after a decadent meal at The Maze by Gordon Ramsay, it's a walk needed!
The Maze by Gordon Ramsay in the hotel is a great way to get a taste of fine dinning with out breaking the wallet! The atmosphere although still classy was more laid back than Gordon Ramsay at the London.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to everyone! I really feel at home here with all the friendly staff and I can't wait to get back!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank Molsonfae
There are newer reviews for The London NYC

Reviewed June 17, 2010

I surprised my husband on his 50th birthday to a trip to New York. Picked The London because of its connection with Gordan Ramsey. Booked dinner there for the Thursday night and it was amazing. The food was delicious and we were very well looked after. When I made the booking I informed the restaurant it ws my husbands birthday, and so desert came with candles etc. A lovely touch! The hotel bar was very trendy and we spent every evening with a night cap... decent measures! Yes it was expensive, but you get what you pay for! Didn't have breakfast as we were always out and about very early. Room was great, very spacious and our maid made sure we had clean towels every morning and evening. Conceirge and bell boys very helpful when we made enquries. Location was perfect. Walking distance to Central Park, Times Square and subway. Would recommend this hotel to everyone. Will definately be back!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DullWitch
Reviewed June 10, 2010

This was my second time at the LONDON NYC.

The first time in 2009 was not so bad, that is why I stayed there again.

This time I have to say that even if the Hotel is still nice in a great location and with spacious rooms, the service was definitely BAD-POOR......with the only exception of the front desk.

ROOMS SERVICE - very poor, slow and not qualitative
ROOM CLEANING - very poor. used to leave my clothes in the same position I left it and consider that I am quite organized and precise
BREAKFAST and DINNER - food qualitative was good but the service was slow, not nice and quite unpleasant. They also try to make you feel bad and stupid when you ask for something politely.

Definitely I will not go back there.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank GFirenze2016
Reviewed June 8, 2010

Maybe the hotels I stayed before have difficulties in meeting the standard, or London just deliver what a 5 star hotel should have in the international standard, I am extremely thrilled with my stay. We come to New York city in a quarterly basis and I told Nikki (an excellent front desk staff) that I am going to stick with London from now on, if possible.
Right after I got off from the cab, I was greeted by every staff I met in the lobby. The check in process was smooth and I was allowed to check in earlier. Then, the bellman took my luggage to my room and explain everything about the hotel and room. From my experience, i only encountered that when I had a personal butler in a five star hotel in Istanbul. I am impressed.
The suite is spacious and clean. Automatic sheer and curtain, I Pod/Iphone docking station, 2 showers, premium tolietree, slipper. I just love the room. They also offer free internet access in the room. When the wireless internet doesn't work well, they get me a number I can get 24/7 support from there. The bedsheet must be made by the Eyptian cotton or something similar. It was very smooth and high quality.
I have made different request throughout the stay. The staff are patient and the responses are prompt. I could get a mini refrigerator set up in my room, which is quite rare in NYC. When I left for the Penn Station, I got one more surprise. The bell man decided to put me on their hotel's house car, which is complimentary. What a nice treat!
After this trip, I should start to evaluate the New York City hotel using the same standard I evaluates in other international cities. Great Job London!

2  Thank dordor
Reviewed June 8, 2010

Very comfy bed, lovely little dressing area, huge shower, large living room off the large bedroom. Very close to Times Square and Carnegie Hall.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 7, 2010

We've stayed at many hotels in NYC over the years, but the London has by far been the best value for the price. Everything about the hotel is excellent - decor, service, amenities, cleanliness and location. The rooms are HUGE for NYC. From now on, the London is our home in NYC. Gordon Ramsey's restaurant is excellent - as is the breakfasts.

Reviewed June 7, 2010

This is my new to STAY spot for me and my Family. I brought my 8 month old, my 3.5 y/o and we had a great time! the staff was so friendly. The room was the best value in the city, I think. All suites. We had a bath and shower from which to choose depending on my kids' whimsy. and the furniture is modern - so it was rounded edges and at the perfect height for cruising or my 3.5 y/o to feel at home.

The concierge helped us to book the Landmarc restaurant at time warner for a big kid gathering with all my NYC friends with kids and it was a hit! a stroller parking lot and coloring for all the kids.

Free internet!

This is my favorite hotel in NYC for the family!
only downside is watch out room service gets happy with salt and butter

1  Thank spahotel