The London NYC
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$188
$150
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
  • Room Service
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$187
$135
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$185
$150
  • Bar/Lounge
$241
$117
  • Room Service
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$365
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
$100
  • Breakfast included
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$183
$134
Orbitz.com
$386
$346
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$324
$305
3,819 results
All reviewsdouble showervista suitegordon ramsaycentral parkfrench doorslondon barnew yorkdressing arearoom serviceliving areatimes squarerooms are hugesitting roomcarnegie hallconcierge servicefifth avenueflat screen
Reviewed January 18, 2010

This is a great place to stay if you have to be in mid town. Rooms are all suites, so you have room to stretch out, do some work, actually unpack and not feel crowded.

I've stayed in a lot f NY hotels and this is the best for me, and although expensive - comparativley great value for money.

Great gym, great restaurant and bar.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2010

We stayed at the London during our trip to New York and decided that we would pay a bit more to have a bigger room than most others in NYC, all the rooms at the London are suites. The hotel is in a perfect location, just a few blocks away from the start of Central Park right in the middle of Manhattan. I would definately recommend it to anyone, it was spotlessly clean and had everything we could want or need. If I had to say anything negative about our stay then it would be that the room, alhough nice, didn't have the wow factor I was expecting for the money we paid. The hotel bar also seemed to close quite early so it was never possible to have a nightcap when coming back at night.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2010

I'm not sure about all the negative commentary about the London's staff. I stayed there twice in the past month in two different types of rooms (two-bedroom suite with spouse/child and London Suite alone) and also had about every type of issue come up (not hotel-related) that could be imagined, and the staff from check in to concierge to management could not have been friendlier or more helpful. The room sizes are terrific, bathrooms very well lighted and spacious, and the location cannot be beat. I stayed on the 25th floor and the 34th and both were very quiet. I have already recommended this hotel. Bed and pillows were very comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 11, 2010

I have stayed here a few times over the last 5 years, both in its previous incarnation as the Rhiga Royal and now as the London. Most recently, we stayed here over New Years for five nights. The main selling point for the hotel is, and always has been, the room size. Rooms are large, with very comfy beds. The location is also a plus point, within minutes on foot from Central Park, Fifth Avenue and the other attractions in midtown. I'd also include a positive word for the gym, which is spacious and better than the norm.
I would hold off on giving it a higher mark however for a few reasons. Firstly, as has been mentioned elsewhere, the service and the staff are not great. The front desk were fine, for the most part, but the doorman were not all that helpful and the staff on the reservations desk at Maze were really poor (I caught the girl impatiently rolling her eyes at my other half while we were asking a question about our reservation - this really annoyed me). Secondly, we ordered room service on New Years eve - the base cost for a burger and a club sandwich came in at 50 dollars without taxes (high but typical I guess). To that 50 dollars however they added an 18% gratuity AND a 5 dollar delivery charge per person, taking the total comfortably above 70 dollars (why do hotels do this?). Notwithstanding this, the guy delivering the food clearly also expected me to tip him in cash as well - as soon as he realised a tip was not forthcoming his attitude became a touch arsey and he left in a hurry. The food was okay, but definitely nothing special, and we were both a little cheesed off with the charges and the guy who delivered the food. Finally, there is no bath - might not bother everyone but you generally would expect to have one in a decent hotel.

I'd add also that we experienced a phantom minbar charge as well - a bit odd seeing as though we only opened the door once and did not touch the goods. They took it off the bill without any issue though.

All in all, I'd recommend this hotel if you can get a good rate (i.e under 200 pounds a night - its not worth more than that). I would have rated it 4 out of 5, instead of 3, were it not for the bad experiences with the room service chap and the lady on the desk at Maze. Both of these irritated us quite a bit; enough to rate the hotel only as a 3. We'd also probably not stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CCHLondon
Reviewed January 11, 2010

On arrival here, we found Front Desk Staff to be pleasant, Bell Boy also very helpful.
We had a LOndon Suite. when you first see the room, it looks very stylish, but on closer inspection, it then dawns on you, that you are in for a very uncomfortable stay. Lounge has a sofa, thats too uncomfortable to sit on, it also has stains all over it. slippy floor area, large desk, with the most stupid mirror above it, when you look in it you feel sick, it distorts everything - pointless. Positive - free Internet. Room also freezing, even with heating turned right up.
Bedroom area - Comfortable Bed, again very cold, even with heating on. Nice ipod Dock.
Dressing area- What a waste of space, all thats in here is an Ikea style hanging rack! very cheap looking.
Beathroom - This is AWFUL, so tiny, all done in a strerile, swimming bath style. freezing cold, no bath, shower,that lacks any decent water pressure, so all the hype about the double rain head shower, is total rubbish, its very hard to wash your hair and get it rinsed, if you are a lady with long hair like me! I hated this bathroom. It could have been so much better, for instance ditch the stupid closet space and get decent bathrooms!
After a long day shopping in New York, you want to come back to your hotel and chilax for a while before dinner - maybe have a soak in the bath etc. You cant do this here!!!!
We ate in Maze - this was very good. Service was excellent. Staff were discreet, a very british type service, which I like. I dont like the in your face type service that you get quite a lot over here!
Overall, would never stay here again. We cut our stay short here, and went home early, as this spoilt our trip.
We Love modern hotels, and reguarly stay at The Soho in London, which is very trendy, but also uber comfortable, with superb bathrooms and sofas etc.
If you want Just syle but no substance then this is the Hotel for you!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple