“Would not stay anywhere else”
Review of The London NYC

The London NYC
Ranked #168 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Virginia
“Would not stay anywhere else”
Reviewed February 10, 2009

I visit NYC a lot and have stayed at a lot of hotels there. Staying at The London is the best NYC hotel experience I have had for the money. We had a great room with breakfast included for $249/night. The rooms are new and clean and very spacious for NYC. The location is 54th between 6th and 7th right near the N&R subway so you can easily make it downtown. The staff are great, the bathrooms are new and nice and there is free wifi!

• Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (814)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pittsburgh
Reviewed February 9, 2009

I stayed at The London with my daughters (ages 23 and 15) Feb 6-8. We had a 2 bedroom suite on the 52nd floor.
It was absolutely amazing. The suite had 2 bathrooms, one with just a shower and the other had a shower and tub.
We had 3 flat screen LGTV in our suite. We used all 3 of them! Our suite was divided by a hallway . The view was of
Central Park . We could also see Time Square. Hardwood floors through out and tile in both bathrooms. We had very
comfortable beds and slept well. Very Quiet. We had dinner at Maze(in the hotel) which was pricey (what isn’t in NY) and it was
excellent. We all had the 5 course dinner at $70 per person. It was worth it. We were looking for Gordon Ramsey but
didn’t see him ;0( The service was excellent. (2 hour minimum at Maze for 5 course dinner)
. Concierge was so helpful. They are always smiling and went out of their way to help.
They had answers to all our questions and their recommendations for everything we did where right on! We went to Nobu 57
for dinner to celebrate my daughters 15th birthday. Excellent sushi. Expensive as well but fresh, clean and well worth it. We
also looked for Robert Dinero(he owns this restaurant) but didn’t get to see him either ;0( Concierge recommended Norma’s
for a great Sunday morning breakfast. It was unbelievable! Big portions! You don’t see this in NYC! Last, we saw Lion King and it was
one of the best shows I have seen. Great show for all ages. We will be returning to The London in the next year and will tell all our
friends to stay there as well.

• Liked — All the space. So much room!!
  • Disliked — Nothing. No complaints!
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank michelmybele
Reviewed February 2, 2009

We recently stayed at the London NY January 2009. The London Suite is approx 500sq ft and is the most comfortable and civilized hotel experience I can recall ever having in New York. We paid $259-$279/daily and at that rate it was a great value: living room, bedroom, Waterworks signature bathroom with dual shower stall that was about 8 feet long. Returning to our room each evening was like coming home. Our dining experience was limited due to an uninspiring breakfast sampling but who cares when you have the city at your doorstep. It is known for Gordon Ramsay's signature New York restaurant which I understand is terrific. Location is great launching point for Rock Center shopping, Broadway, etc. I realize it is considered to be somewhat trendy and in fact we saw some celebs but the property was very low on the pretentious scale!

1 Thank Dustysaunt
Sussex UK
Reviewed January 28, 2009

Very overpriced and poor value. Watch the bill and insist on closing the bill when leaving.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
2 Thank jaguarthree
Beesleys Point
Reviewed January 22, 2009

Great Staff from the time you Valet your car, check in, bell service and Gordon Ramsay restaurant all exceded our expectations. Would highly recommend very good price for room with tax $349.00 Parking overnight valet $65.00 Dinner for 4-in Gordon Ramsay $650.00 plus tip.

• Liked — Friendly
  • Disliked — Nothing
California
Reviewed January 15, 2009

I love Gordon Ramsay so since I was travelling for business, I thought I'd have a chance to eat at his famed NYC restaurant and stay at The London NYC, where the restaurant is housed. First of all, this hotel is in a fabulous area--close to everything NYC! A few blocks south to Time Square and theatres, a few blocks north to Rockefeller Plaza ,and great shopping a few blocks east. I'm a walker and was able to get everywhere I needed to go on foot. I asked for a high floor to escape the NYC noise and pleasantly surprised to have such a huge suite in New York on hte 25th floor--and it was very quiet and very clean! I didn't think the hotel was dirty at all as previous posters suggested. The lobby is beautiful and the room was amazing. The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on! Great beathroom, HUGE shower, huge closet area, living room, desk--all the amenities. I scored a great deal off their website--they matched all the other "chain" hotels in the area. The only negative is that I thought the staff was a little snooty, but it may be that "very hip, english vibe" they give off. I did have a chance to eat at Maze, Ramsay's small dish casual restaurant, and the food was magnificent! If you go, be sure to ask for the salted caramels at the end of your meal--eating those is like dying and going to heaven!! I will definitely stay here next time I'm in NYC!

• Liked — super comfortable bed; suite was very roomy
  • Disliked — staff kind of snooty--not friendly
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank theresaw
Bradenton
Reviewed January 1, 2009

We love this hotel, stylish, clean, wonderfull staff, we have stayed several times and seem to get a bigger and bigger Londonn suite every time! Stayed through New Year Eve hotel was wonderfully quiet when we got back after spending midnight in Times Square! Room service efficient, beds turned back every evening. This hotel even smells good! We would never stay anywhere else in manhattan.

• Liked — attention to detail
  • Disliked — I had to leave!
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family