“Great Romantic Getaway”

The London NYC
Ranked #179 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Great Romantic Getaway”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I tossed and turned wondering if the London was going to live up to my expectations after booking it and cancelling my other two reservations. This was going to be a getaway with someone very special and I wanted everything to be perfect and I have to say it WAS! The check in took a whole 2 minutes, the concierge was on point and always willing to help and the 5 days we spent at the London were probably five of the best in my life! The size of the 2 rooms, the bathroom and the rocking chair (modern) were on point. The Carnegie Deli is right around the cormer and so is all the shopping. The subway is close as well. If you choose this hotel you will enjoy everything about it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
dbeLondonNYC, Director of Sales at The London NYC, responded to this review, February 26, 2016
Sorry for the late response. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to The London NYC on your next trip to New York.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (823)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Wow, if I tell you how great The London is to stay in NYC, then the secret will be out making it tougher for me to reserve the next time. I was actually on an AMEX Platinum trip and so I got some extra perks like early check-in and late check-out. And also an extra $100 to use in the restaurants - and the Maze was great for lunch, and well, after starting with a Bellini, of course it was all good from there. Super quiet and comfortable rooms; crushed ice from the hall dispenser; fast elevators which is awesome; great location to theatre; 5th Ave. shopping and also Central Park. Highly recommended. And very nice and professional staff. Like a 10 all the way around. So staying just for Saturday night in a two room suite was great - can't wait till next time!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Indialantic, Florida
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Just returned from NYC and a wonderful 8-day 7-night stay at The London. I selected the hotel based on TripAdvisor reviews, and very glad I did! Important: I am not affiliated with The London, not affiliated with any travel publication or organization, and do not work as free-lance traveler / reviewer. This was a personal vacation trip with my son (his first NYC visit). First off, I want to thank the following staff who made our stay extra special: Luggage attendants Tony and Patrick for their professionalism and courtesy; Room Manager Daniel, who promptly responded to a safety issue with our first room, and coordinated an immediate transfer to another suite; and Jamal at the Business Center, who promptly corrected a questionable charge on our account. The London is midtown NYC hotel within walking distance of theaters, restaurants, bus & subway, shopping, etc, and very near other major midtown hotels. There were always people walking about, and we felt at ease being out in the evenings. The London is a suite hotel, and our accommodations were modern, tasteful and SPACIOUS: a comfortable living area with flatscreen TV, large bedroom (with another flatscreen TV) separated by french doors, and an open closet area located right off the LARGE and comfortable bathroom. We couldn’t believe all this space for a New York City hotel, which made our relaxation time in the room very enjoyable. Upon arrival, Tony immediately offered us a small refrigerator for extra drinks and snacks, and which was brought within FIVE minutes! The housekeeping staff was very professional, and room services never interrupted our vacation schedule (it was as though the housekeepers were invisible). I found the room prices very reasonable given the location, quality and suite space we had. I have also been a guest at the major hotel across the street, and their rooms are tiny and outdated (for comparable prices). What we liked less 1) Beds: the suite had two twin beds, and the mattresses had started sagging. This made sleeping uncomfortable. Who sleeps in twin beds anymore? (I nearly fell off twice). The bedroom clearly had enough space for double or queen-sized beds, which would have been more comfortable; 2) Bathroom door was an outside hanging, barn door style door on wheels that wouldn’t totally close. The large gap between door and wall did not afford privacy and was unpleasant; and 3) no coffee machine. Like many people, I need my coffee first thing in the morning. Though I knew about this from other reviewers, it was still disappointing. In fairness, these three points are related to corporate decisions for the hotel, and are not a reflection on the hotel staff or their service. The reception desk personnel was helpful and attentive, and I will definitely return on my next visit.

Room Tip: Ask for regular suite (unless handicap is needed) to have closet area with drawers.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank ShuGalinMLB
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 4, 2014

I've just returned from a 5 day 4 night stay at the London NYC with my Son and Daughter..... (first trip to NYC for my daughter, it needed to be special). As a frequent traveler, I'm typically skeptical of trying a new hotel; however, I'm thrilled with our decision to stay at the London NYC! The staff was attentive, kind, and engaging. Our suite was clean, quite and comfortable. I'm looking forward to our next visit, it's clearly an easy decision where we will stay!

Room Tip: Request the Park / River view - you will not be disappointed.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank william w
Reviewed August 3, 2014

My husband and I stayed for a quick overnight visit to NYC for a concert. Beautiful suites, intuitive creature comforts, helpful staff (not warm and inviting, but efficient and helpful).

A GREAT place to stay for quick access (subway, cab, or even walking) to landmarks such as Times Square, Madison Square Garden, and Central Park.

Overall, this is a great place to stay and I look forward to enjoying this place again!

Room Tip: Suites on higher floors offer great views of the city.
Wyckoff, New Jersey
Reviewed August 2, 2014

My husband and I had a great 2 night stay. Beautiful, modern clean room with amazing views out every window. Love the proximity to central park and many fabulous restaurants. Attentive pleasant staff. Valet parking a treat. If you are looking for a special place to stay this it it!!

1 Thank unLuvNYC
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 1, 2014

I stayed at the NYC for a "Cousin Gathering - Girl's Weekend in NYC. The hotel had a perfect location with the city and we were able to get to everything by walking to Times Square, MOMA, Top of the Rock, 5th Ave. Shopping and Central Park. The hotel bathroom was spectacular, stunning and beautiful! The London Suites are of an extraordinary size for NYC - 500 sft. The hotel staff was superior. The concierge desk was AMAZING. I was in charge of planning the 4 night/ 5 day trip and every time that I needed help with last minute reservations, directions, suggestions for dining, rooftop bar locations, they delivered superior service!! The concierge desk was the BEST and their help made our trip a total success!! Stay at this hotel - it's WONDERFUL!!!

Room Tip: The Hotel Suites are wonderful. They are large rooms with a living room attached.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends