“Great Hotel close to Central Park”
Review of The London NYC

The London NYC
Ranked #239 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed February 3, 2014

There were a few issues with the room upon arrival but the hotel management quickly dealt with these and bent over backwards to ensure our stay was one to remember!

The view from the 52nd floor corner suite was absolutely incredible, being THIS high up is something that really takes your breath away!!

Really enjoyed the range of snacks from Gordon Ramsays restaurant, really worth a try!

Room Tip: Go as high as you dare!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Migelh66
Write a ReviewReviews (3,720)

Reviewed February 2, 2014

The rooms are great – we had a small suite – functional and fresh. Breakfast in Ramsey’s restaurant is fantastic. Service, including room service, is a bit slow, but they have a good selection and the small dishes are very tasty. We stayed for a long weekend in August, and the London NYC was a great base for enjoying the city.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I can't imagine that people have had a less than excellent stay here-- my favorite hotel in the city, any time I stay somewhere else, I regret it. Best with Amex Platinum booking, but always a superb stay. No other rooms in the city compare to the London for space AND style.....not to mention, location doesn't get any better unless you're at the Plaza hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank RussM99
Reviewed January 29, 2014

The hotel was ok stayed in better especially in New York. Stayed for 3 days just before Christmas found it very expensive they wanted $11 dollars + tax just for a small glass of milk, outrageous . I wouldn't stay there again. The bar area was very good. Didn't seem like Christmas there as there were no decorations to talk of been to better places.

Room Tip: The rooms we stayed in were nice, bed was really comfortable but seating area a bit what can I say u...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 28, 2014

The London hotel is a nice hotel with a friendly staff. The amenities are great (especially the gym) and perfect location if you want to go on foot around the city. The rooms are clean and beautifully decorated (although we've been to more luxurious places with almost similar price)
When we were staying at the hotel, there was a celebrity staying there as well and it was a bit chaotic with all the fans waiting and yelling in front of the hotel (i think it was justin beiber) The place has a great atmosphere and perfect location.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2014

Let me first beginning with the amazing location of this hotel. It is in the heart of midtown Manhattan and it's a walking distance to either Times Square or Central Park. The place is clean and well maintained. The door men are neat and will (as everywhere else) hail a cab for you if you need one. Definitely recommend the London if you are planning to stay in NYC. Great experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I would not book a hotel without checking trip advisor so I must say my expectations were high when I arrived at this hotel. I'm sad to say we had a bad run of it and it became apparent to me this hotel is suited to business travel and not much else. On arrival staff were frantic because the system that codes the room keys had failed and every guest had to be escorted to their rooms. It was not the warm welcome I expected - but understandable given the circumstances. We had booked a 2 bed suite for ourselves and were bitterly disappointed when we arrived but didn't want to face the havoc in reception so made the best of it. I had taken another reviewer's tip to book a room with a separate entrance for the 2nd bedroom but as soon as we walked in we were amazed when we saw the size of the second room. The bed was tiny for a queen with not even room to layout a suitcase and their bathroom was the size of a closet. Added to which we did not have a bath in our bathroom. The next day I put my back out and decided to ask if we could switch rooms to a room with a bath. The staffer at the desk told me there were no 2 bedroom suites with a bath so I asked if I could switch to 2, 1 bed suites. I asked her the usual price and was told between 250-350 but that as we had already paid our rate of 900/1000 that we would not get a refund of any difference. I then quizzed her about why that was and she suggested that I should speak to the manager the next morning as he was not there and she noted it was quite late (it was just past 5pm). I thought this was strange in the city that never sleeps! and questioned her again about whether there was a manager I could speak with. She rolled her eyes and perfunctorily picked up the phone and said "oh hi Joe. I know you are busy but I have this customer...." Eventually Joe came down and sorted us out into 2 bedroom suites on the lowest floor (8th). The rooms were fine but it was so noisy that I had to sleep with earplugs and a pillow over my head. It wasn't just traffic noise but a clunking in the pipes that sounded like a dripping tap. I recorded the sound and asked to speak to the manager on duty the next morning but there was nothing to be done about it as we didn't want to switch rooms a second time. He kindly compensated us 50% off the last night of our stay - but I still think I paid more than if I would have booked the 2 x 1 bed suites to begin with. Breakfast was $100 for our family and I was not impressed - lukewarm porridge and soggy toast. Gordon Ramsay would surely have something to say about that! Also with regard to the location - yes it is central but the streetscape is dark and there are no good cafes and restaurants nearabouts. My advice is go elsewhere unless you are a business traveller with an office nearby.

Room Tip: Book 2 1 bedroom suites rather than a 2 bedroom suite. Ensure your room is on a floor above 15th.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Suzy B
Augustine S, London Ambassador at The London NYC, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear SuzSydney41,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at The London NYC.

First and foremost, please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences you experienced concerning the efficiency of your check-in, your room type and your overall experience.Your constructive criticism is valued, and it is one of the best ways for us to understand how we can enhance your guest experience in the future.

I am very disappointed to hear that we have failed you so deeply on his occasion and we have not delivered our normal high service standards. If you would like to speak to me regarding the ways in which we can make your guest experience better in the future, please let me know.

Best Regards,