“Excellent Location and Hotel”
Review of The London NYC

The London NYC
Ranked #209 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed December 27, 2013

I spent 6 nights in this hotel in November with my daughter and had a great experience of the hotel. We arrived before check in time and we were given another room and told it was a better one - a great start! We also had a later check out until 2pm and again this was offered and it was free of charge. This trip was to celebrate my daughters graduation and I told them this prior to arriving, and they sent chocolates and sparkling water to our room with a small note, a very nice touch. We dined in the Gordon Ramsay restaurant and the food was amazing, I would definately recommend this when staying there. The hotel is very central for lots of places and I would stay here again if in New York. When we were checking out a return guest was checking in, and the reception staff acknowledged this which I thought was excellent customer service.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 52nd floor and it was a terrific view.....
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,637)

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We've stayed at many NYC hotels but this has become our favorite andwekeep coming back. Huge suites, friendly staff, ideal location, fabulous beds and showers. It just doesn't get any better than the London. All the creature comforts of home. We prefer staying in a high floor facing north where we can have a nice view of Central Park. 4th floor gym is huge with great equipment, lots of towels and plenty of water bottles

Room Tip: Welovebeinf high up and facing north where we can see Central Park
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Considering how expensive it was to stay at this hotel, I expected a more enjoyable experience. The location is ideal but that's about the only positive I can think of. The breakfast buffet was pretty pathetic (considering it was $28) and didn't include any hot food. My whole family got severe food poisoning from something at the breakfast and were all in bed for over 3 days. The cleaning staff, although friendly and polite, would knock on the door early in the morning and late at night and ignore the "do not disturb" signs. The smell of smoke would often waft into the room and the sound proofing was pretty much non existent as sirens would wake me at 3am and we were on the 30th floor. Do your research because I have stayed in hotels much nicer for much less.

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank Fionalovescake
Augustine S, London Ambassador at The London NYC, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear Fionalovescake,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on tripadvisor.com. I'm very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your recent stay. What you've described is unacceptable and I'm sorry that we didn't deliver. I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance on your next visit to New York. Please feel free to email me directly at asaylee@thelondon.com should you wish to make a reservation and give us a chance to turn this around.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Best Regards,

Augustine T. Saylee
London Ambassador
T: 212.468.8860

Reviewed December 22, 2013

There is huge gap between high end hotel and this kind of boutique hotel. I think it's modern and stylish, clean enough to stay but service is awful. Wifi service supposed to be included to the package, but surprisingly they had a connection issue whole day on and off. Operator put me through the IT support line and force me to spend more than hour on the phone on my vacation. Just waste of my time. Then the manager told me he will call me back as soon as it's fixed but funny thing was he didn't call me back even after hour they've got connected. I can tell even manager has only this much of capacity, they can't do anything better on customer service. For me, hotel isn't just a place to sleep, also enjoy the experiences but unfortunately this hotel doesn't provide any of it nor solution. Very disappointed at entire experiences.

• Stayed: December 2013
8  Thank aztravel616
Augustine S, London Ambassador at The London NYC, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Dear Aztravel616,

Thank you for your thorough and constructive feedback about your stay with us. We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations. I will be sure to share your comments regarding your less than excellent experience with senior management. If you would like to speak to me regarding the ways in which we can make your guest experience better in the future, please let me know. You can reach me at 212-468-8860.

Augustine T. Saylee
London Ambassador

Reviewed December 19, 2013

Nice short walking distance to the Theatres on Broadway, to the MOMA, and to Fifth Avenue, but a quiet location. Most of the rooms are suites, with a very small bedroom but a totally separate seating are that opens to the bedroom through large double doors.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 16, 2013

This is a great hotel by New York standards. Rooms are all suites and some with french doors between the sitting area and bed. It is also a great location for midtown shopping without all of the Times Square congestion. Gordon Ramsay's restaurant was a spectacular meal and the manager was able to get us a table at the last minute.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lftbush
Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Pre stay communication was great!
Hotel lobby small but elegant... And seamless check in and check out!
Bar.... Too small and adjoined to the restaurants but does the job.
Suite... We got a corner suite on the 20th floor.... Was amazing, spacious (massive by NYC standards), living and bedroom, all furnished in a modernistic classical way.
We thoroughly enjoyed our 3 night break, was expensive but worth it.... Thanks guys we will be back .

Final point .... Please note there is an iron and ironing board in the trunk.... We didn't realise this and paid 45 bucks for 3 shirts to be pressed..... Doh

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple