“Our new favorite in NYC”
Review of The London NYC

The London NYC
Ranked #176 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Central, Illinois
“Our new favorite in NYC”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We've stayed previously at The Benjamin, the Michelangelo and The Trump -- and The London is our new favorite. Booked through Fine Hotels and Resorts and AMEX Platinum and I have to say the amenities this time around sealed the deal.

Enjoyed a two-bedroom London suite, fourth night free, complimentary breakfast for four daily, plus $100 food and bev credit made The London a real value - even before the outstanding and friendly service.

The concierge staff were knowledgeable and helpful, bellmen businesslike and not pushy - and housekeeping did all the right things to make this a most enjoyable stay.

Breakfast was, in a word, awesome. I love it when bagels and lox, and the accompaniments, are properly presented - the breads and fruit selections were beautiful and table service was attentive but not overbearing.

Our rooms were on a higher floor and VERY quiet. The bath amenities were top-shelf, plenty of towels, blankets, etc - but their pillows could use an upgrade. The Benjamin did have better pillows.

The exercise room was nice and upscale, but I thought there would be bottled water available...not.

You can't beat the location - two blocks south begins the craziness that is Times Square and four blocks north is Central Park. We strolled to Wicked at the Gershwin and enjoyed two dinners at Bobby Van's Steakhouse on 50th near 7th Ave - HIGHLY recommend the Caesar salad.

When we needed to ride the train to the US Open, we walked around the corner north onto 7th Avenue to 55th and, on the SE corner, walked down the stairs into the Subway to board the "N" train to Queensborough Plaza, changing to the 7 Train. It could not have been easier!

Room Tip: Ask for a mini-fridge at check-in and stock up on water, soft drinks, beer and wine around the corne...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (820)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Jensen Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Just returned from a fabulous 4 day long weekend in NYC and have to say one of the best parts of the trip was our hotel. It's just a lovely hotel, great staff, perfect location, HUGE room, great design/style...I could go on. I would definitely pick this one again.
I think the best part past how lovely it is was the location...it's a short walk to Wicked....Time Square, MOMA, Radio City, Rockefeller Center, Central Park or the shops on 5th Ave.

Room Tip: ask for a higher room facing the front...they are quiet and have at least a little more view than th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The best feature about this hotel that I found were it's proximity to great shopping, museums, restaurants and theaters throughout Manhattan. The service, in my experience, was fine and just met my expectations. The room service menu is literally "to die for" as all the food is prepared by Gordon Ramsey's restaurant, on the main floor, just off the front lobby. The rooms were quite spacious for New York standards, tastefully decorated and very clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends and stay there next time I am in the city.

• Stayed October 2012
Rio de Janeiro - BR
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Super view of Central Park from higher suites. Perfect location. Excelent food at Maze restaurant and good variety of drinks at the bar, perfect for a happy hour. The concierge staff is very friendly and solved all my demands. I traveled whith my wife and daughter and definitely this is a hotel we will visit again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kijuan F, London Ambassador at The London NYC, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
We appreciate you taking a moment to let us know about your recent experience at The London NYC. It is great hearing about the memorable moments that we helped to create. We do hope that we can serve you again in the future.

Best Regards,
Kijuan Fryar
London Ambassador
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Great hotel with big comfortable rooms (500 sqft, 45 square meters) and perfect location, just a few blocks from Central Park and Times Square. Food is definitely high quality in the excellent restaurant.

1 Thank euge_dh
London
Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

This is my second stay at the London NYC and I think it is excellent. Suite sized rooms that are beautifully appointed. A great restaurant and genuine, friendly staff. Excellent midtown location. Extremely good value.

Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank iain_anderson
los angeles
Reviewed August 31, 2013

All I can say is this hotel did some very tacky things, causing me to decide not to return. As an Americanexpress platinum guest, we really didn't receive a better room, service, etc. We received a room with cheap looking furniture, with what they claim was spilled "coke soda" on the ceiling. I am sorry, but little circles on the ceiling in brown/yellow hues is mold. While they have free internet service (it is rather slow) and you pay for everything else. No complimentary water bottles. Oh, I think the best part of the hotel is on the room key packet it says that they will take off fifty cents a night if you do not want the newspaper. This is a new one on me. Very cheap place.

4 Thank Lovz2Travel
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. I'm sorry to hear that your visit with us was less than expected. I would be happy to discuss this further with you so please reach out to me directly at 212 468 8860.

Kind Regards,