“Splendid”
Review of The London NYC

The London NYC
Ranked #183 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed July 22, 2013

NYC in the summer is amazing for kids and this hotel does not make you feel like a creep for brining them. Wonderful rooms and impeccable staff...and a few blocks from all the great things in Central Park.

Room Tip: Some have views of Central Park
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for The London NYC

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I arrived in New York City with my husband after 7 days riding a motorbike during a 1400 miles tour across New England. I have been to NYC many times, always in different hotels, and I never found one that wholly fulfilled my expectations regarding location, service, cleanliness, charm, and lack of extra charges. This time we were very tired, we needed good rest, and I feared having chosen wrong again.
I must say that my quest is over. The London NYC broadly complied with every item in my check list. The location is superb, close to everything and everyplace I am interested in. Once we got to the hotel, our reservation was gently upgraded from a standard room to a wonderful suite, with a great view of the city. The suite was immaculately clean and well kept; no signs of time passing by could be detected. The decoration, modern and stylish made me felt really at home. And, I want to highlight this, when I checked out, I wasn’t asked to pay ANY extra charge for ANYTHING: neither being granted a higher room, nor having packages received, stored and finally delivered to my room fruit of my online shopping provided the hotel an opportunity to charge me extra bucks. This has often happened to me, and I really hate it.
Bravo London NYC, I loved staying there, I have now found my place to stay at in New York.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Valeria0506
Kijuan F, The London Ambassador at The London NYC, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

As a first time guest - thank you for choosing to stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that you have made the London NYC "Your place to stay in NYC". It certainly gives us great pleasure to know that our location, cleanliness, charm, and service fulfilled your every expectation during your stay. It is through such feedback like yours that our staff continues to be inspired to provide impeccable service for our guest. Thank you for your vote of confidence and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm Regards,
Kijuan Fryar
London Ambassador

Reviewed July 21, 2013

As a native New Yorker who has since moved away, I am realistic about the space limitations inherent to Manhattan, where the hotel rooms are often so small that you can barely open the door without hitting the bed. So, when I selected this hotel for the high ratings its gym has received from various groups, I wasn't expecting much from the rooms. I ended up absolutely blown away. Our standard room was larger than my husband's first Manhattan apartment, with a separate living room that could be entirely closed off using opaque, mirrored doors. We arrived during a heat wave and were incredibly impressed (and grateful!) for the Sunbelt-style air conditioning that turned our room into an oasis that we were loathe to leave! We were also impressed with the free internet since a lot of hotels in this price range in NY nickel and dime you for every single little extra service. The room service food was absolutely delicious as the hotel has a Gordon Ramsey restaurant. We ordered the cheese plate multiple times. The skirt steak, Cobb salad and burger were also delicious.

As for the gym, my husband described it as one of the rare hotel health clubs that is actually better than it looks in the website photo. Like the rooms, it is extremely spacious with the latest Life Fitness machines plus all sorts of free weights, exercise balls and some sort of trendy kinetic fitness setup that I had never even heard of. Each machine has a personal TV and Iphone/pad/pod hookup. Plus there's free water and there is no extra charge to use the facilities.

Anyone who has ever visited Manhattan knows that this location can't be beat. It's within blocks of Central Park, Times Square, MoMA, the Fifth Avenue luxury shopping areas and just about every subway line that passes through Manhattan. It's also around the corner from some of the enormous, big-chain conference hotels like the Sheraton and the Hilton, which are rip-offs compared to this place. Unless those hotels give you a conference rate you can't pass up, I'd recommend staying here and walking the half block to your meetings and presentations. My husband and I agreed that, after experiencing the London, we would be loathe to stay anywhere else in midtown.

Room Tip: If you've never been to NY, pay a bit more for a room on a high floor so you can see the city vi...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Emily23
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is one of the best hotel values in NYC. It is located in midtown Manhattan. Close to a few subway lines that get you access to hubs in which you can easily change trains. Cabs are easy to get from the hotel as well. Staff is friendly and the hotel is clean with great rooms.

Room Tip: Ask for the southwest corner room on any floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Gena V
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Drove from Montreal to NYC for a short business and pleasure weekend accompanied by my wife. Amex Centurion card provided me with the reservation of this very central hotel which is ideally located between 54th and 6th Avenue - a walking distance to MoMA, Central Park as well as Broadway. What I definitely like about the hotel is the size of the rooms which are practically suites with a large and modernly furnished sitting area equipped with own TV and the bedroom with its own TV, not that you would want to spend your stay in a hotel room, I am just trying to be more informative for other future guests. another plus point is the large bathroom which is equipped with two showers and generally powerful ones too! what I don't like about the hotel is the dimly lit hallways as well as trays left on the floor for hours on!! especially when you see a hotel attendant passing by without paying attention to this matter. I also had the opportunity to dine at Gordon Ramsay's restaurant on the premise, and here is my other complaint: Please remember that patrons do not like to be seated in tight spots and do not like to see waiter's bums swiping your table in view of lack of passageway!! in other words one less table will not make that big of a difference and patrons as well as waiters will be much more at ease. By the way their wine sommelier is excellent as is their wine list. overall, I will return to the hotel in view of the location and price. But I will note be eating at the restaurant unless I see the changes done.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The location is superb in between Times Square and central Park. We upgraded to the executive room, well worth it for the views!! Also ate in the restaurant food was expensive but well worth it. Would certainly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Nice modem hotel and great location! Less than 5 mins walk to 5th Avenue, Times Square and Central Park. Subway station very near by. Room very big, clean and good amenities. Would highly recommend for your stay in NYC.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple