“The London NYC”
Review of The London NYC

The London NYC
Ranked #182 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Fantastic location with excellent rooms. Staff could go out of their way a bit more to accomodate little requests considering this is a luxury hotel. Other than a small request I made tat they couldn't fulfill all was great at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for The London NYC

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Spent four nights here and loved the room/suite. Lots of space, quiet bedroom and comfortable bed, sensible hanging space and great working area. Sofa and rocking chair were a bit quirky. Wifi was not only free, but fast! Must be the best of anywhere I have stayed. Shower was great, though the hot water took, a while to get to me. Overall one of the best room set ups in NYC.

Downstairs was not so good. There are no public rooms where you can sit other than the restaurant. I had breakfast there four times and the bill was different each time, though I had the same options... I found the service very offhand, chilly even. Never a smile, never any warmth and rarely served by the same person twice during the same meal. Quite odd really and would make me pause before returning on a private visit.

LocatIon is great and meeting rooms worked well. S food for business but not especially welcoming.

Room Tip: End of corridor room gets you separate bedroom and lounge
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank BerkhamstedJules
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed here during hurricane sandy since my apartment lost power. All of the staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. Room service took about an hour, but all the meals I had here were great. Would definitely recommend for anyone looking to be in a convenient midtown location.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed November 17, 2012

If you want to stay in busy mid-town near Times Square ("tourist-central") the London NYC is a good option. Despite the busy area, the hotel itself is calm and peaceful. Rooms very large and very clean. Bathroom not so large, but sufficient. Didn't eat in the restaurant as there are so many other options nearby. I thought sleep quality was very good, but my husband who is a bit of a princess-and-the-pea type sleeper thought the heating system was noisy. Not sure we would stay there again, as we prefer other parts of Manhattan.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Choosing somewhere to stay in New York can be difficult with so many options. It was our first visit so we wanted to be in a central location in a nice hotel.

We chose the London NYC as all rooms are suites, the reviews were good and the prices were reasonable in comparison to other hotels. It was a good option and we were pleased with our stay.

We requested a room with a bathtub when we booked and this was accommodated. I would thoroughly recommend this option as we needed to soak our aching feet after all of the walking.

We didn't really spend that much time in the hotel other than to sleep. We did go to the gym a couple of times and this was well kitted out. The bar always looked busy and I am sure the food s good there.

We would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have never bothered to write a review but I have too about this hotel!!! It is beautiful, spacious, luxurious, and modern. The exact opposite of Hell's kitchen at Maze! I was waited on hand and foot, everyone was over accommodating, friendly, happy, attentive, and prompt! Not to mention the food was deliteful . I enjoyed tuna tar tar and duck. Perfectly prepared! I had such a nice time chatting with the staff that I ended up closing the restaurant at 1 am and they wanted to keep it open just for me! I have never had such friendly, amazing service and I've stayed at both the Ritz and Four Seasons in Philadelphia! They gave me a complimentary bottle of wine and when I wanted to go outside I was escorted by security who also was very nice! I finally went to bed around 1:30 am and melted in to the most comfortable bed ever, my room was huge and had a foyer, living room, bedroom, dressing area and marble bath with a huge multi headed shower. This morning I ordered room service for breakfast which came very quickly. I noticed there was just about every amenity I could think of in my suite. So sadly I got ready to leave and just when I thought they couldn't impress me anymore they sent me to the train station in the "house" luxury suv! Complimentary of course! The driver was also super friendly and told me some great places to go and see on my next trip to NYC! He even walked me almost to the doors! I wish I could remember everyone's names to give them the credit they deserve! I will never stay anywhere else again!
Carolyn Fry

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We had a wondeful stay at the London with friends. The room was huge, the food at the downstairs restaurant was incredible. The staff was friendly and corteous. I will definitely be returning. The staff upgraded us to a larger room with a better view when we checked in. They were helpful with directions and recommendations of restuarants.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends