“Absolutely the friendliest and best service by far!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The London NYC

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The London NYC
Ranked #150 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Absolutely the friendliest and best service by far!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have never bothered to write a review but I have too about this hotel!!! It is beautiful, spacious, luxurious, and modern. The exact opposite of Hell's kitchen at Maze! I was waited on hand and foot, everyone was over accommodating, friendly, happy, attentive, and prompt! Not to mention the food was deliteful . I enjoyed tuna tar tar and duck. Perfectly prepared! I had such a nice time chatting with the staff that I ended up closing the restaurant at 1 am and they wanted to keep it open just for me! I have never had such friendly, amazing service and I've stayed at both the Ritz and Four Seasons in Philadelphia! They gave me a complimentary bottle of wine and when I wanted to go outside I was escorted by security who also was very nice! I finally went to bed around 1:30 am and melted in to the most comfortable bed ever, my room was huge and had a foyer, living room, bedroom, dressing area and marble bath with a huge multi headed shower. This morning I ordered room service for breakfast which came very quickly. I noticed there was just about every amenity I could think of in my suite. So sadly I got ready to leave and just when I thought they couldn't impress me anymore they sent me to the train station in the "house" luxury suv! Complimentary of course! The driver was also super friendly and told me some great places to go and see on my next trip to NYC! He even walked me almost to the doors! I wish I could remember everyone's names to give them the credit they deserve! I will never stay anywhere else again!
Carolyn Fry

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (788)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

We had a wondeful stay at the London with friends. The room was huge, the food at the downstairs restaurant was incredible. The staff was friendly and corteous. I will definitely be returning. The staff upgraded us to a larger room with a better view when we checked in. They were helpful with directions and recommendations of restuarants.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank atlantamamatres
Bloomfield, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

Experienced staying in this hotel in the heart of midtown manhattan. Location was perfect for being in the middle of Manhattan very close to times square and all the broadway shows in the city.

During Sandy we stayed here to escape a powerless residence. Wifi is free and they had power!

The breakfast (for some quests) is complimentary. We had a coupon for this so we just went for the free continental rather than paying an entree. They do have a selection of fruits, cereals, cheeses and danish plus other pastries.

I love their mini bagels and cold cuts. They do serve salmon (lox) and creme cheese where you can make your own bagel creme cheese and lox with tomatoes.

Service is impressive and very non-intimidating.

In the afternoon they do offer afternoon tea. A great selection of teas and the traditional 3 tiered finger foods.

The room is huge and linen crisp. The toiletries is very luxurious and the little things like bathrobes and other little things you might look for in a exemplary hotel. Will certainly go visit again.

Room Tip: Book a room early, the price is cheaper if you book months ahead.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Pawtucket, Rhode Island, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2012

The London Hotel is conveniently located on the fashionable East Side of Manhattan - great location near to shopping, dining and Central Park.
I have stayed at the London (AKA The RIGHA ROYAL) for over 20 years!
Each visit is like going "home" ...French Doors between lounging and sleeping rooms, awesome bathrooms and, most of all, wonderful, helpful and knowledgeable staff.
Highly recommend for both business and pleasure trips.

Room Tip: ...not a bad suite/room in the house! Corner rooms are always a litle better.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

and I'm not exaggerating either!

My wife and I got married in NYC this summer and we used the London for us and all of our guests. Everything about this hotel is outstanding. We saw about 10 different rooms and all of them were very large, spotless, and comfortable. The beds are very comfortable and the rooms are quiet. Our room was on the 32nd floor and we had a view of Central Park. When we arrived there were complimentary chocolates and water and every need of ours and of our 20+ guests was looked after immediately. After two days hotel staff all greeted us by name. It was an experience like no other.

This was my first time to nyc and this is the perfect hotel for tourists. 1 block west and you're at time square. 2 east and you're on 5th ave. 2 north and you're at Central Park. There are amazing restaurants and food trucks everywhere. The subway is right around the corner two.

I don't think we will ever stay anywhere else but the London when we go back to New York

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sobie1
Spotsylvania, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights and attended theatre both days. Great location not only for theater but museums and shopping. My biggest complaint was booked 1 room for 3 with a roll away. Upon checking in reminded them. Said it would be right there. 4 hours later had to call and ask and they said they would bring extra towels and robe. Towels arrived but no robe. Otherwise I might have given them an excellent

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Great space, large living room, large nice bathroom, excellent decor. Great service! The room service was great too, nice being able to get a Gordon Ramsay restaurant meal to the room.

A bit overpriced, have stayed at similar or better for less. No views as surrounded by other tall buildings.