“Nice Midtown Japanese BBQ”

Gyu-Kaku - Mid Town
Reserve with OpenTable
Gyu-Kaku - Mid Town is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2,546 of 14,144 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: 50th, 3rd Ave (2nd floor)
Transit: South East corner of 50th St. and 3rd Ave. Second floor. Subway: take 6 train to 51st and Lexington, head east to 3rd Ave. and south to 50 St.
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Gyu-Kaku is a nationwide BBQ chain - nevertheless the offer good quality.
The reservation service was good - everything worked out fine. The waiters are attentive and fast. Food is good. There is a on-table-bbq ... similar to korean places.

Good experience. We will come again.

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I booked this restaurant for a late dinner after a play, for my boyfriend's 40th birthday. It looked like a lot of fun, and was close by the theater and our hotel. We came during Happy Hour, around 10pm, and were seated quickly. The grill at our table would not stay lit, even though the staff re-set it at least 5 times, then about 30 minutes later, after our appetizer came out, they had us change tables. The next table also had to be re-lit a couple times, but stayed lit this time. Food took awhile to come out, even though it is uncooked, and we were waited on by several different staff members, who were polite, but pretty scattered. I think because we were there close to closing, the service suffered. We had ordered noodles, but didn't receive them until we were 90% done with our meal, and only after I asked if they were coming out.
The food quality was good, but I imagine the overall experience would have been improved had we gone in a couple hours earlier. We only tried a couple different items, as it was obvious they were looking to close. I might try it again, as the reviews are largely in contrast to our disappointing experience.
I really wanted to love it!

Reviewed June 13, 2014

Japanse barbecue is a must see and taste! Absolutely cool experience! The food and the service are awesome!

Reviewed May 24, 2014

I went in here for a light lunch, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I didn't go into the restaurant itself, but chose to eat near the reception desk. Service was fast and friendly, food very good, and the prices very low for this area of New York. Shall definitely be revisiting this one.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

I went here for dinner a few weeks ago and I enjoyed everything about Gyu-Kaku from the service to the décor to the food. I had a really good window seat and just the experience of cooking our own food was something new to try at a restaurant. Definitely the kind of place you would want to go on a first date and the drinks are awesome. I will definitely be returning in the near future.