“over-rated”

Trestle on Tenth
Ranked #1,508 of 13,559 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, European, Central European
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: 24th Street
Transit: C or E trains to 23rd street and 8th Avenue, then walk west 2 blocks to 10th Avenue, turn north, walk 1 block to 24th Street. The cross-town #23 bus to 23rd Street and 10th Avenue, turn north, walk 1 block to 24th Street.
New York City
“over-rated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I was looking forward to dinner here after I saw the Zagat 23 rating on food. My green salad was very ho-hum but I liked it better than my wife's smoked trout salad which was overly fishy. My entree, a special, was striped bass, which was pretty good. I asked if they could substitute something for the accompanying beets which I do not like and was swiftly told no. I thought that was unusual for a place like this, but whatever. We had a special side, au gratin some type of spetzle whose name escapes me. We were assured it was great - not so good. We finished with a cookie plate - forgettable. All in all, the food was okay, but what was bad was the service. My wine came right away but it was at least ten minutes for my wife's cocktail and my son's beer which was in a bottle! the food was slow to come and the waiter never came to ask if he could help or how is the food. I certainly will not go back.

• Visited March 2013

London, United Kingdom
“Wish we could have visited again”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stopped here when walking the skyline, initially just for coffee at the bar and then were tempted by some cakes. The brunch looked lovely, but we had eaten. Sadly it was our last day in NYC but we will return. Btw having read a previous review we did not get any anti-gay vibes.

Ludlow, United Kingdom
“Great Brunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Ate here for my birthday brunch & very much enjoyed the atmosphere & food.
It's about halfway along the High Line so we walked that first & then stopped to eat ( we'd been recommended Trestle by some American friends so booked in advance - it was quite busy by the time we left so booking advisable I reckon )
I had the crab cake which was excellent. My daughter's boyfriend had a great burger & my husband & daughter had the rosti. The eggs looked good - pasture fed & organic ( I keep hens & it's rare to see yolks that colour when we're out ).
Free sparkling & still water which was nice to see & coffee topped up.
Only disappointment was not being able to try a prosecco birthday cocktail as New York law says no alcohol to be served before 12 on a Sunday. We'd only flown in the night before so were still on UK time.
Great value for money for New York

New York City, New York
“Great Food, Nasty Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Love the food here, but have had a nasty experience with staff. I was dinning there one evening sitting next to a door which leads out to the garden (strangely all the "gay people" were put in the back of the restaurant, this is Chelsea, gay capitol of the world, not sure if this was intentional), any way, we were enjoying the food when a staff member decided to Windex the door next to our table, spraying me with Windex, like on purpose. I complained, and the manager was so rude like it was my fault his staff sprayed me and my food with Windex. I said I would never go back, stayed away for 2 years, but did return because the food is very good and on my street corner. So not sure what to say, if you like good food and rude service this is your place.

Visited January 2013
Paraza
“It is still a great place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

If the restaurant wouldn't be so far West I would visit them more often! But, there seems to be no lack of customers. We had the seasonal "Metzgete" plate, perfect and reasonably priced, except where is the blood-sausage? The expensive "Jura" beer was kind of a disappointment but the Swiss bread was very appreciated, as well as the free bubbly water.