“Great experience”

Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Cross street: Between 104th and 105th Streets
Transit: #1 train to 103rd Street and bus #104 up Broadway
Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

We really enjoyed this place. Steak tartare and moules frites (dijonaises) were delicious. Nice and relaxing atmosphere. Great outdoor space on Broadway. We will return!

Reviewed July 11, 2017

This crowded, popular French bistro is what the upper west side is all about--neighborhood gems serving fresh and reliable food (nothing wildly creative here) in a friendly setting. I had the roasted chicken--not the best I've ever had, but very, very good. Nice, reasonably priced wines, efficient if somewhat curt service (it's a busy place).

Reviewed July 10, 2017

Beautiful weather and we had a delightful dinner on the sidewalk dining setup. Service was impeccable and the gazpacho and baked chicken perfect!!!

Reviewed June 25, 2017 via mobile

A very pleasant restaurant. Outdoor seating and large open windows to allow an open air feel inside in the warm weather. The food is very good and fresh. The onion soup was very flavorful and not a thin beef broth. The Coq au Vin was delicious, fresh salads with grilled seafood were perfectly prepared. Save room for dessert! Nice wine selection. To choose from. The staff is all very friendly with great service. Makes for a perfect neighborhood restaurant.

Reviewed May 20, 2017

We love this gem of a restaurant in our neighborhood. We have eaten here about 10 times over the last 4 years. Last night we went for dinner and discovered it was the first night of a new menu!

Many of our favorite stand-byes were still on the menu (Moules frites Marinieres) but they added new items throughout the menu. I tried the new grilled sardines and my wife had the tartar of salmon — both were worthy additions to the menu and delicious. For entrees we both had moules frites, I had the classic "marinieres" and my wife had the "a la biere" sauce. In the past I have always thought their marinieres was the most flavorful in the city, and thought last night was not quite as good as before. My wife's beer-based sauce was more flavorful. But I am not giving up on the marinieres, I have fond memories of it and perhaps it was just an off night.

I especially enjoy the friendliness and attentiveness of the waiters. We usually have one of the main waiters and they always greet us with a warm smile and take good care of us. There is never a rush and a relaxed meal is the norm.

Now that summer is here, the cafe has opened it's outdoor seating which greatly expands the capacity. On a Friday night there was no problem getting a table without a reservation (don't try that in wintertime).

This restaurant is the great a casual restaurant with a new menu to explore. We recommend it.