“4th July”

Hotel 373 Fifth Avenue
Ranked #297 of 468 Hotels in New York City
“4th July”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here early July and was not disappointed. Location excellent and as mentioned by others, room was small but very clean and well equipped. Room service (cleaning) was brilliant and aircon worked well (and it was very much needed). Staff were good too. Again can't emphasise the location enough. You won't be disappointed. We would definitely stay again.

1 Thank Philip B
Kevin F, General Manager at Hotel 373 Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
Philip,
Thanks much for your kind words. We hope you enjoyed the fireworks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as a weekend stopover after holidaying in Canada with family and what a weekend we had. The location is just the best, handy for many attractions, polite helpful staff, exceptionally clean and comfy room (though on the smallish size) with everything to hand that you could need.
Although I had requested room with a view, and I couldn't see out the window, the truth is, the view is outside and that's where we spent the weekend, as the room was for sleeping and freshening up, no view fell into insignificance.
Thank you hotel 373 making our stay a memorable one, we would certainly return.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Karen M
Kevin F, General Manager at Hotel 373 Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Karen,
Can't express to you enough how much we appreciate your kind words! Please come back soon.
Belgium
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I stayed here mid June for 3 nights as a single traveller and I was not disappointed. Location cannot be beaten. Macy's, Empire state, Rockefeller Plaza, metro, TImes square... all in walking distance. Since I met up in the evening with friends who live in NYC to hit the town I came in quite late at night but never felt unsafe.
The staff are really helpfull and friendly. One night after returning from an evening on the town, the elevator was broke and my room was on the 7th floor. One could say that is inconvenient but the gentleman at the reception was so apologetic about it and felt so bad there was no point in me being upset + I am fit enough to be able to do this. While going up I saw people dragging their suitcases down, I can imagine they were less amused than I was. If that would have been me I can imagine I also probably would have liked a 2nd elevator.

The rooms are not large but I have stayed in a few hotels in NYC now and unless you really pay significantly more money per night, the sq mtrs you get are always limited in NYC. The rooms were clean, the locations convenient and the size good enough for me, so all in all great value for money.

Althouth I was on the 7th floor (only 9 floors in this hotel) the noise was there, especially since I was facing 5th Avenue but nothing that earplugs cannot fix. If you are a light sleeper and you have forgotten your earplugs you will have issues but again, nothing that cannot be eliminated by using earplugs.

The airco is a bit noisy, quite big and inconveniently place (you cannot put a suitcase on the foldable stand underneath it now) but I did appreciate it being there since it was hitting 27°C (high 80's F) when I was there.

I cannot comment on the breakfast place next door since I have not used it but I did appreciate the Starbucks downstairs to start my day with a Vanilla Latte.

All in all, great value for money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank stillsomuch2see
Dear Still,
Thanks so much for your kind words. I do apologize that we had elevator issues during your stay but I am glad to hear that our staff was accomodating. We do appreciate your buisness and we hope to see you soon!
Perth, Australia
Reviewed June 18, 2013

The room was very small, but the bed was comfortable, it was clean and we were on the fifth floor out the back so it wasn't too noisy. The Reception area is very tiny, the staff were very helpful. We left our bags with them for 3 days whilst we travelled to Washington and upon our return we booked back into the Hotel. Location is excellent. Free Wi-Fi was useful. Starbucks next door was great.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have less noise and stay out back.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LeeLoughnan68
Kevin F, General Manager at Hotel 373 Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Lee,
Our lobby is small so we can be close to our guests! Just kidding, thanks so much for your kind words.
Albany, NY
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I was in NYC for a quick stay on 6/2/13 and elected to stay at Hotel 373 again after visiting this winter. This time I had the Contemporary Full room. I didn't notice a big difference in size between this room and my previous room. They were both quite small but very clean and comfortable. The hotel was quiet, although this time the window air conditioning unit rattled a bit. The good news is that with the temperature hovering around 90, it did its job! I had to check out very early to catch the Megabus home. I appreciated that when the gentleman at the desk saw I planned to walk many blocks in the rain, he gave me information regarding a cross town bus that would get me there easily. The staff at the hotel really tries to help their guests. Starbucks on one side and a restaurant on the other side for breakfast, but this visit, I had no time. Convenient and safe location for the single traveler.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank NYtraveler110
NYTraveler,
Thanks so much for highlighting our staff......still our best asset!
Tilburg, Nederland
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Ok, so this hotel is small. Let's get that straight. The rooms are not big, even for New York standards. As long as you know that up front you will have a great stay here. If you are going to stay here you shouldn't be often in your room. So it's perfect for tourists, since they won't be in their room often except for sleeping; The prices were good for its location during our stay and it was very clean and the staff was very helpfull answering our questions.

There are some nice restaurants in the neighbourhood, the metro isn't that far either and Times Square, Empire State (Even with a view from your room depending which one you get) and Macy's are within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Kevin F, General Manager at Hotel 373 Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Jorn,
I think you hit all the high points. Our location and staff are unparelleled.....thanks so much!
Irvine, California
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I stayed at Hotel 373 during a conference in NYC in May/Jun 2013. The rooms are small, but the staff delights you with outstanding customer service. A day prior to my departure, the staff called to ask if I needed a ride to the airport and booked one for me. I had a lot of conference material so I had to leave some behind in my room. I was surprised to receive an email from the hotel letting me know that I had left a few books/manuals behind and if they could be trashed. Customer service like this and I am totally sold.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ajay K,
We talk alot at our hotel about "owning the goodbye." We are glad to see some positive results!