“Will DEF Be Booking Again”

Hotel 373 Fifth Avenue
Ranked #299 of 466 Hotels in New York City
Greenock, United Kingdom
“Will DEF Be Booking Again”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed in this hotel in November 2010 and absolutly loved it !!

Rooms are tiny but you can't even complain that much because the location of the hotel is fabulous !!!! Beds are comfy, bathrooms an ok size ..... cleaned everyday and hotel was spotless !

Our room was on the 5th floor and had a marvellous view of the Empire State Building ! The starbucks is great, especially for the early morning caffeine before a long day exploring.

We visited the ESB the day we arrived around 1pm and we queued for about an hour - next time we go, we'll visit early morning as it was always quiet.

The bus tours are a must - book the 3 days and use to get your bearings, we were never off it aha.

Sex and the City tour was great, went to Magnolia Bakery which has the most amazing cupcakes i have ever tasted. Also stopped in at Steves bar for a cosmopolitan ot 2 ;)

We were going to book into The Plaza for tea and scones but didnt have time to do everything, next time its a must.

Hoping to go back to NY next year if not the year after - and will definatly book 373 again ! Staff were really nice, location is fabulous - all in all a great first time visit to NYC.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank SSCB1
gdesoiza, General Manager at Hotel 373 Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Wow Steph! You really had a good time and made some excellent suggestions for others in your review. I agree that a bus tour is a must and getting to the Empires State building early in the morning is the best! We're really happy to hear that you would return to us again. Please contact me personally when you do.
gm@hotel373.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights and it was the perfect starting point for exploring Manhatten. You simply have all main city attractions in a short walking distance which is great! And if you want you can choose a room with a Empire State bld view. Rooms are really tiny, but clean. There is no lobby, but you have a Starbucks instead and a lots of cafe in a close vicinity. Bed was not large but comfy. The only real flaw is a huge A/C unit right inside the room. It takes a lot of space (and your remember i said "tiny room"?) and produce some noise but if you want a place to sleep in the heart of Manhatten this hotel is a good option. Will defenetely consider it for our next NY visit.

Room Tip: Remember that 5th avenue is a noisy place (cars are driving all the night). Consider higher floors a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you Anton!
I agree that we're the perfect starting point for exploring Manhattan. You can get to everything easily from our door step and you can return to a brilliant and safe Avenue to stroll, shop, dine and enjoy nitelife.
Please do consider us again, when you return to NYC.
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Reading all the reviews and especially the responses from Gary ,The General Manager,makes me really look forward to staying at this very fine hotel .As you can see, I haven't stayed here yet but am so Impressed with the GM responses and reviews.See you in November!

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Bobby T
Bobby T! I can't believe I'm responding to your posting so late. I really appreciate your comments about my responses. I feel like I may have disapointed you now and I didn't get the chance to meet you. The fall season was very hectic and as you can see, I'm just catching up on it now.
Please contact me at the email below and let's talk about your stay at 373. I really hope we met your expectations.
Gary Desoiza, General Manager
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This hotel gets a 4/5 from me even though it should address a few issues because relative to your alternatives in the area it is one of the best choices in it's price range in Manhattan
Location: Fantastic. One block from Empire state, 10 minute walk to many major attractions including Times Square, Central Statioin, Penn station.
Design lobby: very small, however half of it is a starbucks which is brilliantRoom color & style: ok, very small, would say to small for 2 but I was alone. Free wifi. 2 free bottles of water, free coffee.
Reception: very helpful. I checked in very late and my room keys were ready for me to go.
Bed: Bed was good, pillows soso.
Desk: none, only micro desk on a chair. Was useable with a laptop though
Internet: free,Wifi speed was adequate. Could be better
Airco: pretty good. Good cooling power, constant fan. Slightly annoying compressor that kept turning on and off infrequently.
Curtains: bad. Just blinds and when it's light outside, it's light inside. I hate this as it wakes me up way to early.
Noise: pretty low for in a city.
Shower: good enough. Temperature constant. Could be a bit more generous with quantity of water
Soap: fine. Quantity a bit low, on day 2 my shampoo was not replace
TV: plenty of channels, good image quality.
Minibar: n/a
Restaurant: none but plenty good food in the area
Repeat visit: Yes. Good value for price, potentially best option in Manhattan for me.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thanks for you comments Travel! I appreciate your thinking that we're perfect for business and that we're the best option for you. You should definitely contact me and stay in touch. We have rooms with full desks and we can so something about those window shades. I just have to get my maintenance guy on it. If you come to New York often, we have loyalty rate programs.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2012

As several other reviewers have stated, the rooms are a bit on the small side but other than this we had no complaints whatsoever. The location of the hotel is excellent with the empire state building being just across the road and lots of other attractions easily within walking distance providing you are reasonably fit. There is also a subway station only a 5 minute walk away.
The hotel itself is very clean and the rooms are visited every day. All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful and the rooms amenities were excellent. All told we would have no hesitation recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CarolHilton
Thank You Carol! I really appreciate your outstanding review of us.
Your recommendation means a great deal! My staff will be proud to hear that you found them helpful and friendly. I know that this is thier intention. It's great to be recognized.
Please contact me personally; whenever you or yours return to NYC.
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We were there last Christmas and enjoyed every piece of it. Yes, the rooms were small but I didn't care since the location was great. It was right next to the Empire State Building. The price very reasonable for a location like this! Would go there again.

Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Necati K
Thanks Necati! I hope that you are enjoying this Holiday Season as much as you enjoyed the last with us. Please contact me when you return to NYC. I really appreciate you taking the time to review us so favorably and remembering us so fondly.
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We were in the city for a wedding. The bride and groom recommended this hotel with their invitation. We booked it sight unseen. What a lovely surprise! We dropped off our bags early and hit the sights. Its location right next to the Empire State Building was so convenient to Times Square, the subway, and the wedding, of course. We made it back from our Broadway matinee within 10 minutes. We were pleasantly surprised to find that our bags had been delivered to our room before we arrived. The front desk staff was remarkably friendly and helpful - especially for NYC. The room was tiny, but well laid out and well equipped. It was nicely decorated, maintained and very clean. We had a great night's sleep there. We would definitely stay there again on our next visit to the Big Apple!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank dfries10
gdesoiza, General Manager at Hotel 373 Fifth Avenue, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I'm very happy to hear that we fulfilled the bride and grooms wishes and provided you with comfort and service. New Hampshire is not that far away. So we will expect you to come back again soon. Please feel free to contact me personally and I'll see what I can do to put you in a slightly bigger room.
Gary DeSoiza, General manager