“Thumbs Up For Value”

Hotel 373 Fifth Avenue
Ranked #299 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Thumbs Up For Value”
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Convenient! Single rooms are small and have no electrical outlet for hairdryer that is supplied. The single room w/bath was comfortable and very clean. Overall the help was extremely niece except for one maintenance man. There is no refrigerator, however the staff offered to store a cold drink and offered to supply it when it was needed. There is no central air conditioning but the window appliance worked quite efficiently and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Single rooms with a single bed are apparently very small.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I have been meaning to write my review of this hotel and am now finally getting around to it. I didn't want my praises of Hotel 373 to go unheard.
Absolutely have only fantastic things to say about this hotel. My company booked me a really crappy arrival time into New York, I inquired (before I left) about storing my bags until my room was ready and asked for possibly an early check-in. I really didn't expect to get an early check-in b/c my arrival time was that insane.
HOWEVER...in the craziness of traversing the city and trying to get to my 3:00 pm meeting, I stopped off at Hotel 373 at about 1:00 pm to offload my bags. I was greeted by such pleasant front desk staffers and it was almost as if my stress had melted away, they rushed to open the door for me and, bonus, they checked me in early!!
**Side note: A couple weeks before I was leaving for my trip, I was looking at pictures of the hotel and noticed window units in some rooms. I have very very bad allergies and requested a room with central air if possible...they delivered :)) I had central air and no scratchy red eyes.
Hotel 373 was so so accommodating and the hotel staff was so fantastic to deal with, I went to the Starbucks attached to the lobby and on my way back when I had a drink carrier with breakfast and hot beverages, one of the attentive front desk staffers rushed to get the door for me.
I wish I could recall the name of the young man at the front desk who I mostly dealt with, unfortunately it slips my mind (he deserves a raise). I had a fantastic, comfortable, and relaxing experience at Hotel 373 and will be staying here again when I am in town. I know I am in good hands when I stay here and in today's world where turning a profit is most important and customer service usually falls by the wayside, that is much much appreciated. Like the title says, "STAY HERE", you won't regret it. And oh yeah, did I mention I love this hotel? haha :))

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank KC K
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed August 14, 2011

We were looking for a reasonably priced hotel in NYC to hang out with friends one Saturday night, and we found it. Hotel 373 is very modern, VERY reasonably priced compared to other hotels in the area, excellent location right in the heart of Manhattan, clean, great bathroom, very small but that's normal for NYC I would assume, and very simple. I need to stress the word simple... this hotel is a no-thrills hotel. There is nothing wrong with it, but don't look for an amazing room or active hotel bar and restaurant here. I only saw one staff member on-duty at a time, standing at the front, wearing a simple polo shirt. Nobody will offer to help with luggage here, it's not that kind of place, it's only purpose is a clean and decent place to stay while enjoying what NYC has to offer. For what it's worth though, I'd gladly stay there again for a night or two.

Room Tip: Just don't bring too much luggage with you, the room size is small.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed August 5, 2011

Location......superb! You are by everything you could imagine. It was easy to always find our way back due to the location, tons of restaurants & stores & the subway. Even Starbucks was downstairs when we exited the elevators and you could walk into it form a sliding glass door.

The problem was the box we were in called a room. Yes, I have been to NYC on 4 occasions and this by far is the tiniest hole I've ever stayed in. The bathroom door wouldn't close without scraping the sink, the window unit air conditioner jutted INTO the room rather than out, so you had to duck under it or climb onto the bed to get around it. This is no exageration, the space around the bed to the walls were as follows: 1 1/2 feet on my side, 2 feet in front, 2 feet on my bf's side. That's IT! No place to hang clothing, or store our suitcase.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LittleTraveler22
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Our first time in New York and we found this hotel through tripadvisor. It is a very clean hotel, the staff were always very helpful and polite. We were only there for 4 nights but our room was serviced daily. Our room faced the corner of 35th & 5th Avenue which also had views of the Empire State Building, just across the road. The hotel is in a great location on 5th Avenue Midtown. The metro lines were close, buses in front of the hotel ran downtown, but we found alot of places within walking distance and walked almost everywhere. It was just so convenient as a base. The room was small but we only used it for sleeping, especially after walking all day! There are also a number of eating places around the hotel, whether it be fast food or a nice restaurant, all within walking distance. I recommend this hotel to anyone visiting NYC.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper don't get the front rooms as you may hear the traffic through the...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dragongirl13
Yorkshire, England
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Ignore the date above-it was January 2010! Went to NYC on a shoe string, this hotel by NYC standards was a bargain. Couldn't have asked for anything more, on 5th Avenue, literally across the road from the Empire State Building. And stright up and down 5th Avenue to other major sights-because of this great location we just walked everywhere!
We purposefully chose somewhere room only so we could sample breakfast delights all over the city. The rooms was clean and tidy. The bed was comfy and great to just crash in after a days sight seeing. The bathroom was also clean and tidy, and the shower hot. The bed took up most of the room, we had a flat screen TV at the end of it.. To be honest when you're in one the busiest cities in the world, you are only in your room to sleep, this was perfect for this and we couldn't have asked for more!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NicR4
Edinburgh
Reviewed July 27, 2011

Me and my boyfriendfriend stayed here for 13 nights and stayed in room 626. The room is small but we were in NEW YORK so who stays in their room anyway! The room was very clean and bed very comfy what else could you ask for. The staff were very friendly and accomodating and the smell of fresh coffee in the morning was amazing when you were in the lift, dont worry about the room sizes cause new york itself makes up for it. We used to have brealfast at the W cafe accross the road which did a large variety of delicious food ! Cannot wait to return thank you!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple