“Way overpriced. Some eye candy, but no porchlights on”
Review of Hawaiian Tropic Zone - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Midtown
Neighborhood: Midtown
Reviewed January 2, 2008

food fair at best, overpriced(worst split pea soup ever...how can you ruin split pea soup??!), pretty bad serivce. Would not go back.

1  Thank colesloough

Reviewed December 16, 2007

Bad food. Cheesy atmosphere. So cheesy, it's not even fun.

Reviewed December 14, 2007

Foods not that great, drinks are okay, ambiance saved the day.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed November 30, 2007

I expected more from Chef David Burke. I see by the other comments that I am not the only one with a less than perfect experience.

Reviewed November 24, 2007

My husband and I just returned from New York. While there we had dinner at the Hawaiian Tropic Zone and had a bad experience. We ordered drinks with our dinner. The food was ok but seems to be overshadowed by what happened when we got our bill. My husband noticed that he was charged for Grey Goose Vodka and had not ordered. When he asked the waitress she stated that Grey Goose was their well vodka. My husband repeatedly said this is not what I expected. He was the one looking forward to going to the Hawaiin Tropic Zone and I believe he was very disappointed. Hope they improve because it is tough to compete with the many other restaurants in New York. We will never go back.

1  Thank angel06071