Book In Advance
In high demand - travelers recommend booking ahead!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?

from $98.75
from $135.35
from $97.99
1,637 results
All reviews magic carpet stole the show james monroe iglehart special effects broadway show the flying carpet amsterdam theater disney movie adam jacobs carpet ride beautiful costumes disney fan all ages lion king balcony seats musical numbers standing ovation
Reviewed 4 days ago

Aladdin was even better than expected. The theatre is extremely ornately decorated. The show was very lively and entertaining. The genie was hilarious, and the dancers were all so talented in their roles. They quickly changed costumes and appeared in multiple roles doing all different types of choreographed dancing and singing. This was the perfect musical to take my 6 year old son to for his first Broadway show. The magic carpet ride scene was truly magical.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Words can't describe how amazing the play, setting and stage are! Some comments though is that the music is a bit off sometimes but they still did a great job. Many parts have nice humour for the adults too.

____

My only comment is where did Abu & Lago go! They could have made something like the Lion King (a kid playing them or something). There is also a bit of deviation from the story.

2  Thank 8SAB8
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

More than I expected , I would see it again , breathtaking costumes , and soecial effects , must see this wonderful play

Reviewed 1 week ago

It was a very entertaining show ! The set designs, the performance by the actors, the live music and songs were all great. A must see show for the entire family of all ages.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I absolutely loved the show! It was magical with a wonderful cast, dazzling costumes, and incredible stage effects! The genie and Iago were absolutely hilarious. The magic carpet scene was amazing and I have no idea how they pulled off that effect. It was great to relive one of my favorite Disney movies while growing up! Would recommend to anyone to see this show.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

This musical was awesome IF you can ignore the fact that Aladdin is the worst portrayal of Aladdin you’ve ever seen. That’s harsh, and I feel slightly guilt for saying it... but the guy casted (Telly L) feels more like Jasmine’s new “bestie” who just got off the bus from vaudeville land vs. the charming Aladdin we all love. I feel its important to be honest for those going to see the show. I would never say this just to hurt the actors... as they’re all talented in their own right.

BUT as I was getting to... there was absolutely no chemistry between Jasmine and Aladdin. All secondary characters, dancers and singers stood out more than the show’s namesake.

With that said, I’m sure he would be great in something else AS someone else... but I feel the person responsible for casting him as Aladdin had a hidden agenda. Felt like a highschool performance.

GENIE carried the show - only guy to get a standing O. Jasmine would have been more amazing if she had something to work with. Her single scenes were better than those partnered with Aladdin bc the lack of chemistry stomped the moments. Iago has great comedic timing, and Jafar was good as a villian. The Sultan has a very nice siging voice, but unfortunately for him, he doesnt get a lot of shine (but its fair game as he isn’t a main character). Aladdin’s 3 bestfriends carried most of his scenes.

As far as lights, music, stage magic go = beautiful!

1  Thank Curiosity25556046351
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent production. Beautiful theatre. Acting was outstanding. The colorful costumes were bright and shiny! The flying carpet was the highlight. When in NYC - this is a must see!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Disclaimer : We are not theater going family. This was once in a lifetime treat and thing to do for us while in NY City. I have no perspective on comparative analysis with other productions

We stayed over near Time Square so walked over to the theater. Theater itself is spectacular, older and beautiful. I chose Aladdin because a "boy" main character would fly well with my sons. My kids were hesitant and thought only girls sing & dance(eye roll!!)

My sons were glued to the edge of the seat the whole time. Flying magic carpet was the best part and the moving stage magical. It elevated our first time experience and my sons were absolutely spell bound. I think something happened that night in their brain, I kid you not.

A little taste of refinement, culture and arts in them I hope ! I also made them dress formally (not too formal, just dressy casual ).

1  Thank Sue J
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

It was absolutely amazing! Not only the musical itself, but the theatre was very beautiful as well. We enjoyed every minute and would definitely come again!

1  Thank Katrin R
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My Husband and I really enjoyed this great show. The Singing and dancing was amazing. The sets and costumes were stunning. The New Amsterdam theater had gorgeous architecture and details. Even though we were in the top balcony it was still a great night.