Tripadvisor

Neighborhood: Harlem
Cross street: 12th Avenue
Transit: 1 train @ 125th Street
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We were starving when we stopped in this place for dinner, having not eaten since breakfast. This place lived up to it name...the portions were dinosaur big! You had your choice of ribs, chicken, pork or brisket with multiple sides to make your perfect BBQ meal. Service was good , the vibe was cool and the prices were quite reasonable for a city restaurant.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (1,197)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We tried the NY location while waiting to go further on our trip, and I was not disappointed. The portions were healthy size and EVERYTHING was good. I had fried green tomatoes. They were seasoned perfectly; my only complaint was there wasn't enough of them.

Reviewed January 10, 2020 via mobile

We visited New York for the 2nd time as a family and I had read great things about Dinosaur BBQ so we went to find out for ourselves.
Taking the 1 train to 125th st we got off and it was really a straight up the road walk to the restaurant. We had zero wait for a table and were fortunate enough to arrive during Happy hour, this was no problem though and the Hostess/waitress that seated us was more than happy to put the 5 of us in her "VIP booth" as she told my boys, which delighted my youngest. Sitting and having a look over the menu we were spoilt for choice but eventually I opted for a 3 choice platter and my wife went for the pulled pork. My daughter had a plain cheese burger and my two youngest both opted for chicken fingers and fries. To drink I had a Donkey Punch cocktail which was very drinkable.
Being that my wife is gluten free it was very nice to see a wide range of options for her and she has said she wants to go back again so cant ask for more. Our waiter was great and very patient and more than happy to sell me a bottle of the Wango Tango sauce to take home, my only slight disappointment was that I couldn't get any other merchandise at the restaurant

Reviewed January 2, 2020 via mobile

We ate at this restaurant tonight for our daughters 13th birthday. There was 11 of us in total. We were served by Mel who was amazing. He was so helpful. The food was delicious. I would recommend this restaurant for the atmosphere and the outstanding food. Despite being busy we were served promptly. Huge thanks to Mel for a lovely experience.

Reviewed December 30, 2019 via mobile

My siblings met at the Dinosaur BBQ restaurant in Harlem, and we didn't want to leave. The food was appetizing and the menu had a variety of food choices. We had a really good time and our waiter was very helpful and personable. We will definitely be back.

Date of visit: December 2019