“Great food at a good price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dinosaur Bar-B-Que

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
Reserve with OpenTable
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #69 of 13,476 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 12th Avenue
Transit: 1 train @ 125th Street
Columbia, South Carolina
“Great food at a good price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014

We went to Dino's BBQ in Harlem. First piece of advice, make reservations! The wait is 1-1.5 hours if you just walk in (which we did). Your only hope is they have about 4-5 "high top" tables in the bar area that are first come, first serve if you can snag one (which we did after about 30 minutes, but we watched them like a hawk!). We did like the family picnic feast, which says it serves 4-6...well, I think it could easily serve 6-8 as we had plenty leftover! We split the cost which was $60 between 4 people, so if you had more people, it'd be even cheaper. The food isn't as good as Southern BBQ (I'm from SC), but it was still very good, and we had a great variety!

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Amanda G

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Newburgh, New York
“One Word - Brisket”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

I've eaten at a lot of BBQ places around the US, and the brisket here is second to none. All the food is good, ribs, pulled pork, wings, etc but I'll always get the brisket.
Busy place so plan your visit at off hours or leave enough time for a wait unless you have a reservation. Parking can be difficult at peak times (street only) but look for the Fairway Market about 2 blocks away and park in their lot. Enjoy.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Heidelberg, Germany
“Best ribs in town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Well it is a 10 minutes drive with a taxi from Grand central park. But it is worth it. The restaurant is a bit in the middle of nowhere (no problem to get a taxi back you can also go there by the metro) we had no reservation and they told us to wait 1,5 hours. After around 45 minutes (no problem to have a great time at the bar) we got a table. We had probably the best ribs ever :) the chicken wings where also fantastic. Great service and atmosphere. We will come back to this fantastic place.

London, United Kingdom
“America on a plate...but”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

Yes,it's exactly what you think it should be. Big portions,lots of sauces,great ribs,friendly staff,and a great selection of beers.BUT. THE TOILETS.. OH THE TOILETS.... I always think a restaurant should be as good in this department as in the kitchen but no. Small and extremely dirty .. So thank you Dinosour for the food,but not again.....

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
New York City, New York
“Very good ribs, so I hear.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2014

I review on behalf of my celiac (gluten free) family, so, understand that gf-friendliness is always a huge slant of my reviews. Also, I'm a vegetarian.

That said, every other member of my family loves BBQ to a borderline obsession. I was told by a friend from TX that Dino was the best in NYC, and my family concurs. I have never tried anything from here, I'm just going by what they say, but they have tried the best in every state between here and Texas, so I believe them.

The ribs are St Louis style, dry rub, which is popular around our family. They also love the salt potatoes. The menu is gluten literate, which is very helpful. Location is "almost in the Hudson River" ... It would be a great place to reward yourself or gather with your training crew after a run ont he greenway, a hard session at Riverbank pool. it's right down the road.

The online ordering system makes take-away very easy.

• Visited August 2014