“I didn't even want to go....”
Review of Dinosaur Bar-B-Que

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
Reserve with OpenTable
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #80 of 14,144 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 12th Avenue
Transit: 1 train @ 125th Street
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Somewhat reluctantly, I signed on for a celebratory dinner at Dinosaur BBQ in Harlem (my reluctance, by the way, was about the food...not the people). If you ask me to list my favorite types of food, it would take a long, long time to get to BBQ.

That said, I was pretty blown away. Everything was good. It was clear that staff was well trained, and did a nice job explaining and engaging with our table. We ordered a lot of different things ranging from appetizers to a variety of meat dishes and everyone was really happy with their choices.

If you're up for a casual meal, in a lively atmosphere, and some down-home feel good food, then try this out.

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Visited with my 12 year old son as part of our 5 day trip from the UK to NYC. This place is up in Harlem but well worth the 20-30 min trip up from Midtown. Great atmosphere, amazing wings and ribs....best we've had anywhere in the world. The real thing! Definitely worth the visit.

1  Thank DAJM2009
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Loved the ribs. Best mac and cheese I've had. Corn bread was so good I took some back to hotel. Fun place. Husband loves salt but felt their greens were too salty. Their drinks are good try the monkey.

2  Thank Exquisitey
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The food here is very good.... It is a hidden gem that a lot of people don't know about.... They have a wide selection of food and an even bigger selection of beer... The food here is very flavorful they have quite a few sources that you would like to try... This place is worth the trip for that barbecue comfort food.... Getting seated could be tough there is usually I wait for a table... But don't let this discourage you it's definitely worth waiting for.... Parking in the area it can be tough allow extra time to find a suitable parking space

2  Thank Stephen V
Reviewed June 28, 2014

This is a great family place because it is fun for the grown ups and the kids. The atmosphere is lively, the service is excellent despite long waits for tables ,and the food is delicious. We love getting the big platters to share so we can have a variety of different selections. I highly recommend Dinosaur.

2  Thank MarieAnne225