“Awesome, always great”
Review of Dinosaur Bar-B-Que

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
Reserve with OpenTable
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 14,396 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 12th Avenue
Transit: 1 train @ 125th Street
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Every year we do a holiday "dinner" here and grab one of the high tables near the bar, which allows for people watching, view of the TVs and more room if you ask me. We order buckets of beer and meat.....wings, ribs, brisket, pulled prok.....and maybe someone breaks down and orders a side. The wings are really good and not greasy, I tihnk they bake them(?), the ribs fall off the bone and the pulled pork was really moist and flavorful (the brisket never made its way to my end of the table). The waitress kept the buckets full all noght long. At the end of the night, the damage was reasonable, everyone was full and feeling in the holiday spirit. Can't wait until next year.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,047)

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Very lively, very "happening." Up at the western edge of 125th Street, you can take the 1 train to get there.
Lots of people, high "fun" level, good food. Loud, so you don't want to come here for intimate conversation...indeed, probably not much conversation at all.
Mostly it is the atmosphere that brings people, although the food is good. If you want to join tons of young New Yorkers, this is one of the places,

Reviewed November 24, 2013

Its on 700 W. 125th St… So I had to specially go there… I wasn't disappointed!
It was worth it. Its a great place for ribs (and other BBQ stuff).
I sat at the bar, the bartender was nice and helpful, the ribs arrived quickly (the dry kind of ribs), and were truly superb (the sides were not as good).
I couldn't drink (they have a huge range of tempting drinks to choose from), so I left a soon as I finished eating..
Will certainly return!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

This is the most crowded bbq place in NY for good reason. While I love Virgil's as well, Dinosaur has the best food, atmosphere and service available. It never disappoints.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

For our first night in New York we headed to Dino's BBQ restaurant after reading great reviews on Trip Advisor. All four of our family ordered the spareribs with different sides and boy were we in for a treat. They were by far the best ribs we've ever had, absolutely fantastic. And the sides! The beans were the best - I would loved to have walked out with the recipe.

Definitely worth the visit.

1  Thank denisel930