“Very good food and atmosphere” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dinosaur Bar-B-Que

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
Reserve with OpenTable
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 13,479 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 12th Avenue
Transit: 1 train @ 125th Street
Birmingham
“Very good food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Had an enjoyable meal here after a day of sightseeing lots of walking. Place was busy, but only had to wait 15 minutes for a table.

The food was good value for money and very tasty. We had 1/2 pound of Drunken Spicy Shrimp Boil as a starter, which was a perfect size for 3 of us. Given the number of plates I found it difficult to select my main course. I opted for the Traditional Sampler (as I could not decide between ribs, brisket or chicken) accompanied by the Curried Succotash and Fries. This was very good.

The service was friendly and attentive.

• Greek first
  • Korean first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Awesome BBQ in NYC”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Quite a trek uptown from downtown Manhattan, but definitely worth it for probably the best BBQ food I've ever had. Our server (can't remember her name) was lovely and really well informed about the food selections... although perhaps given the portion sizes we shouldn't have let her talk us into the excellent starter we shared!

The fried green tomatoes were excellent, however the wings (I ordered the hottest) weren't spicy enough at all for my tastes.

The mains were stunning. Gorgeous ribs with meat that fell off the bone. Pulled pork was great and the beans were excellent. The cornbread you get is also the best I've ever tried.

Another top thing about here is that they offer craft beer flights, and at a very reasonable 4 beers for $6! Bargain, and some excellent beers too!

If you're in NYC visiting or live here, and fancy some BBQ deliciousness, you have to make the trip up. The place is 5 minutes from the nearest Metro station.

Matawan, NJ
“JUst Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

I base all of my bar b cue meals on the mac & cheese. I've had better. I liked dinosaue BBQ when there was only one restaurant. Now there are many and it seems like they've lost a step.

Visited July 2012
Hartford, Connecticut
“Great food - long wait”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

The food didn't disappoint, but the wait is very long on a warm Saturday night in June. We went with a friend from Australia who was determined to eat there, but a 1 and a half to 2 hour wait for a table is pretty daunting, even with good beer. If you do have to wait, take the suggestion to try for a high-top table in the bar area - table service if you can get one! With some strategic hovering and minor negotiation (I may have offered to pay the tip for the party at the high-top we were stalking), we were seated in about 45 minutes. Service was fantastic, given the crowded area and number of people. The food was great and great value for money in New York. Three of us ate (and drank!) for a very reasonable price.

My advice: Go. But not on a Saturday night!

Bracknell, United Kingdom
“Really good food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Recommendation to try out, wasn't disappointed. We went when lunch time rush was over, arrived around 3pm on a weekday - no queuing, which was great. Got seated really quickly and lots to choose on menu. Ribs were fab, Chicken was great. I shared a platter with a friend - the shrimps were yummy - garlicky and herb butter. Host recommended some good beers to try out - boys were very happy. if you have room for dessert - it's worth to share you wont be disappointed.

• Visited May 2013