“BBQ spare ribs the greatest at Dinasaur resto,west harlem,new york”
Review of Dinosaur Bar-B-Que

Dinosaur Bar-B-Que
Reserve with OpenTable
Dinosaur Bar-B-Que is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #71 of 14,396 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 12th Avenue
Transit: 1 train @ 125th Street
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Typically new orleans style bbq restaurant serving great spare ribs, beef brisket,corn bread, mash potatoes, salad etc. noisy but friendly joint. Great for kids.oknfor lunch but would not fancy the long walk in west harlem to find it

Write a ReviewReviews (1,047)

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed my spare ribs, collard greens and corn bread! The coffee was the last in the pot and not do good, no Splenda.
The place is so loud you can barely hear yourself think, let alone have a conversation . The place us built for you to eat.
I was pleased with the service but caution, you can't have a leisurely meal during the Sunday afternoon rush- they want you to finish up to get the next batch if consumers in.
The bathrooms we unremarkable and not really well maintained.
Parking was easy ! The ribs were to die for!

Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Been several times - neighborhood a little gritty and would pause after dark but at weekends the atmosphere is good, if a little loud as day goes by. Service has varied from excellent to OK but you forgive it all for the food, which is extensive and excellent - drinks not too shabby either. Decent value for money too. Reccomended - and I'me picky !

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Let me just say from the start that I LOVE Dino’s! This place has some of the best ribs in the City, for sure. The service is excellent and the environment is just great. Perfect for a date night, or for just hanging out with your friends. I went to Syracuse University for grad school a few years ago, and have spent many a night at the original Dinosaur’s. That place is a legend, to be sure. I had some doubts when this one opened up here in the City, but I gave it a shot, and since then I've had a long term romance with this place. The ribs have consistently been excellent, and I keep coming back for more. On this occasion my lovely (and rib-crazed), fiancée and I had the ‘Sweetheart deal for two’ which included a full rack and 4 sides. It’s such a great deal, as we both left with full happy bellies. The meat was excellent and perfectly cooked. So much so that it practically fell off the bones. For sides we had BBQ fried rice, sweet potatoes, lentil soup and of course mac & cheese (along with some cornbread). The surprise side was the lentil, as I am not at all a lentil soup person, but that one was superb. If I had room, I actually would have ordered another one. The mac and cheese was also quite notable and should not be missed.

This is one of my favorite places for ribs here in the City, and I find myself going uptown to chow down quite often, as the menu is huge and you can always find different things to try. This is one of the places that we, as New Yorkers, go to, for some good ‘down home’ ribs. If I had to point out anything it would be to not get a seat by the windows during wintertime, as it can be quite cold at those tables. Other than that, I consistently recommend this place to my 'peeps' because it’s been consistently delicious time and time again.

Hope this helps

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Located in Harlem (off the 1 train) - went here many times especially for a big group. BBQ is good and their "Southern" options aren't bad. Would go again.