Duane Street Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Frederick Hotel(New York City)
  • Fitness center
Smyth Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
The Beekman, A Thompson Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Greenwich Hotel(New York City)
  • Restaurant
SoHo Garden Hotel(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewstribeca areaboutique hotellower manhattanchambers streetnew yorkrooms are smallbrooklyn bridgestreet noisegreat boutiqueworld trade centerthe financial districtrain showergreenwich villagebattery parkcomfortable bedfreedom towerbusiness trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 30, 2013

First time being in New York and I was there, tagging along my wife for her business trip.

Rooms:
The size of my room was slightly too small for 2, probably will book a bigger room the next time but it's all good as I'm out most of the time. The beds were awesome and our sleep was great!

The only problem we had during our stay was that the aircon was down twice in the middle of the night but it was fixed by the handyman the following day.

Service:
The staff was amazing. Dominica and Kelly were really helpful, thoughtful and pleasant! Kelly -Going the extra mile to research comedy shows timing, location, how-to-get there when I mentioned I was looking forward to comedy shows in NY! Dominca - really helped with advices on the places that I can explore along Lower Manhattan, which is where I've enjoyed the most on Day1 by walking along the beautiful Hudson River.

Neighbourhood/Location:
Plenty of food options nearby, shophouses were literally opposite the hotel. Starbucks, delicious breakfast options (which I've tried almost all), pizza joints which were all walking distance. A nice Japanese restaurant nearby too.

Location:
Lower Mahanttan is superb in my opinion, It's probably a good 15-20mins walk to Brooklyn Bridge and a couple of subway down to the Wall Street, Stock Exchange, South Seaport, Piers that will take you to Statue Of Liberty and further down south-east into Brooklyn neighbourhood.

Subway:
The hotel is in Tribeca area and there are many subway 'lines' that crosses the stations in this area - which means it's easily accessible to most areas within Manhantten!

Overall stay was great, simply love the weather and my hotel location. Will definitely return to stay and look forward to see the pleasant staff of Duane Street Hotel!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank JLim83
Nicolas D, General Manager at Duane Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

We are glad you enjoyed your stay in Tribeca and the entire staff is looking forward to greeting you the next time you are in town,

Reviewed December 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Duane Street Hotel recently for a long weekend. We were looking for something cozy and convenient away from the touristy areas, and this was it.

The room itself was small, but nice. The linens were clean and good quality, the bed was comfy, the shower had plenty of hot water, and for a NYC room it was very quiet. Free WiFi in the rooms was nice and good signal. The only slightly negative thing was that the hotel room doors open and close really loudly so we could hear people coming and going at all hours of the day and night.

The hotel is in a great location - close to several good restaurants, close to subway lines, walking distance to Chinatown, Little Italy and the Brooklyn Bridge, a short cab ride to the Village, etc. If you're looking for a good place to stay away from the touristy areas, this is it.

We'll definitely return to Duane Street Hotel for our next trip to the city.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Nicolas D, General Manager at Duane Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

We appreciate your great recommendation and looking forward to having you back next year

Reviewed December 27, 2013

10 of us stayed at the Duane Street Hotel for 5 nights during our recent stay in NYC Christmas week. The hotel is in Tribeca and close to many subway lines. We easily were able to get to the Freedom Tower, Greenwich Village, Soho, Lower East Side, Rockefeller Center, Midtown west and east (basically all over the city). The rooms are small but big enough for a king size bed (many hotels we looked at only had queen beds). The bed, and pillows were extremely comfortable. The bar is in the lobby, the bartender was extremely friendly and so was every other employee we met. (I am sorry I did not get their names to personally acknowledge them all in this review). We did not eat in the restaurant but it has a high Zagat rating! This is the first time we have not stayed in midtown. It was nice to be able to visit the madness of midtown but even nicer to not stay in it! I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Manhattan looking to stay in a great boutique hotel in a "neighborhood" accessible to all.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your great comments and appreciate your recommendation. Lookig forward to having you and friend back next year.

Reviewed December 26, 2013

our daughter lives nearby - and they had a full house over the holidays - so we decided to stay at Duane St. hotel - we were so pleasantly surprised! the room was contemporary and perfect. it was quiet even though we faced a main street. everyone there was very pleasant, considerate, and accommodating. a definite recommendation.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Nicolas D, General Manager at Duane Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback and looking forward to meeting the next time you are in town in 2014

Reviewed December 19, 2013

The Duane St Hotel was recommended by one of my friends who stayed there recently. It's a bit of a quirky boutique style of hotel with a super chilled atmosphere.
I arrived in the middle of the night after my plance was delayed but still received a warm welcome from the night staff.
In fact everyone was pleasant and most helpful. The room was a little small for my liking, a small double but it was nicely appointed, lovely and clean with plenty of hot water in the shower.

Room Tip: Just ask for a larger double if possible and pay extra, well worth it.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Andrew F
Nicolas D, General Manager at Duane Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments and looking forward to having you back very soon in Tribeca