“A Delight!”
Review of The Lex NYC

The Lex NYC
Ranked #39 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed August 30, 2014

I've stayed here three times, and should have written after the first. Rooms are very small, but all new, with high quality mattresses, linens and pillows. Bathrooms have little room for a lady's stuff -- no counter space for make-up and curling irons! -- but clean and new with a good shower. The front desk staff and housekeeping staff are very nice and very efficient. And the continental breakfast in the lobby is very much appreciated! Please put a mirror above the desk so I can use it as a make-up table/vanity!

Reviewed August 29, 2014

The Lex is a boutique hotel - so the rooms are small. But do not let that put you off as the service at the hotel and quality of room and bathroom are impeccable. Add to that a super position in the centre of New York and it would be hard to find a much better place to stay at the fair price charged for the accommodation. The staff were very helpful and the style of rooms in this new hotel are contemporary New York. We arrived early but as there was already a room available - we checked straight in. Our room faced an old brick wall and iconic water tower but a balcony was a great design touch that prevented the room feeling blocked in and oppressive - making a feature of the quite typical rear view from many of this type of fill-in building in New York. A little breakfast of fresh - straight from the bakery - pastries was also a plus. We will stay here on our next visit to New York and recommend it with out reservation.

Room Tip: The balcony rooms are cool!
Reviewed August 25, 2014

I was greeted by an enthusiastic employee working the front desk who was very friendly and accommodating. I lost my license in my travels and had no photo ID and they accommodated me. The person at the desk gave me a piece of paper showing me useful information about the area. This is a newer hotel added within the past year so all furnishings were in excellent condition. No coffee maker in room which I missed however it is has beautiful art deco functional rooms and my room was exceptionally clean. Excellent value and excellent customer service make this hotel one of the finds of the year. Good sized room and balcony at rear of building.

Room Tip: The way the hotel is laid out I done think you can go wrong.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Jscota
Matt S, General Manager at The Lex NYC, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2014

Greetings from The Lex NYC,

I wanted to personally thank you for your stellar review on our hotel. It is comments such as yours that motivates the team at the hotel to achieve excellence. We all have pride and passion when it comes to servicing our guests and it is great to see that this proved true during your visit. We would love to have you back as our valued guest shortly and we wish you well until that time comes.

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Every staff member was hospitable and genuine. It is clear they take pride in their service and reputation of the hotel. Our every need was taken care of.

The rooms were extremely clean and well maintained. We had a standard room facing Lexington Avenue and slept with the screened window open all night. We could definitely hear the city noise, however we enjoy the sounds of NYC and it doesn’t keep us from sleeping.

The location was perfect for us, as we wanted to concentrate on the lower portion of Manhattan exclusively and we enjoy staying in the quieter more residential neighborhoods. We appreciate the free Internet in the rooms and also appreciated the coffee and delicious croissants on the continental breakfast. It is a nice touch and more than we have received at other hotels.

This is definitely a no frills economical hotel with basic amenities, however they do a great job at maintaining a boutique atmosphere. The staff is excellent - some of the very best I have dealt with in my 15+ trips to NYC. Thank you for a comfortable and pleasant stay. I would highly recommend your hotel to my friends & family.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Lexington Avenue can hear street noise (which is part of being in NYC)
3  Thank Aurora-Solista

Hello and thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on your recent visit with us. We are all delighted that our staff and cleanliness of the property exceeded your expectations. We worked very hard to find the best talent in NYC and have no doubt that we accomplished that goal. Our team is dedicated to providing each and every guest with a perfect stay. They are all empowered to make the decisions needed to ensure your comfort and safety. We hope to have you back as our valued guest/friend shortly. Please be sure to contact the hotel directly should you find yourself back in NYC and our team will handle all of your reservation needed. Until that time, be well!

Matt L. Slippoy

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Just returned from an enjoyable stay. We received a telephone call after we checked in from the front desk to see how we liked our room.The room was very nice. We were on the 7th floor towards the back of the hotel, with a small balcony. Good size room for New York hotels and large modern bathroom. They offer continental breakfast in the lobby from 7-9, coffee, muffins, croissants, fruit etc. Staff was super nice and friendly. Cute upscale boutique hotel for the price. This will be my new place to stay when visiting NYC!

Room Tip: We requested a room in the back of the hotel on an upper floor based on past reviews I had read. It...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Barcelonamom

Wow!!! what a great review. I am delighted to see that you found a suitable home away from home while in NYC. Our team is dedicated to providing perfect stays for all of our guests and it looks like we accomplished this goal with your stay. Please contact me directly next time you are in NYC and I will personally set you up for another perfect stay.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

For the price I expected to be a bit dissapointed, but the room was clean and spacious, the bathroom was the best I have had in a hotel, and I have truly never experienced such an attentive and friendly staff! The hotel was full but the gentleman who checked me in remembered my name and room whenever I came in or asked for any assistance. This was one of the cheapest options in the area but I had a better experience than my coworkers who stayed at more expensive hotels!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Surprise!!! You absolutely can find excellence without having to spend a ton of money. This is our goal for this hotel and I'm so glad that you got to be on the receiving end of it. Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. It is nice to see that you enjoyed your visit and that our staff treated you with the service that you have come to expect while staying at a hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with them as they take a great deal of pride at making each guests stay a perfect 10. Please dont be a stranger and come back to see us shortly.

Reviewed August 20, 2014

My family stayed at Lex NYC in early August 2014 for six nights in two rooms. Being a recently new hotel everything was in order. The sheets were clean and crisp and the bed was very comfortable. The Internet was super fast which allowed me to stay in contact with my family using Viber. A free breakfast service was also supplied and one afternoon wine and cheese platter was put on for the hotel guests. We found Nick at the front reception very friendly with advice about New York. I mentioned on my second morning their was no magnifying mirror in the room which I use to put my contacts lense in. On returning that night a mirror was in the room.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Suds S

I wanted to personally reach out to you and thank you for sharing your comments on your recent visit with us. As a new hotel, nothing is more important then receiving feedback from our valued guests. It was a true pleasure to hear your comments regarding Nick. He is certainly a major asset to this hotel as well as being my right hand man. I will be sure to share your comments with him as it only motivates him to continue providing the best service possible. We take a great deal of pride when it comes to servicing our guests and it is great to see that we hit our goal of 100% satisfaction during your stay. Please don't be a stranger and come back to us again soon.