“Very Nice!”

Wingate by Wyndham Manhattan Midtown
Ranked #345 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed December 14, 2013

Great place to stay in the city. Normal sized hotel room...not that typical NYC closet sized hotel room. 5 people were able to sit comfortably in the room. That was a plus. I dropped my luggage off early and was invited to grab breakfast there, very nice of them. Front desk staff was extremely pleasant. The room was clean and again normal sized. I was on the 12th floor facing 35th street. There's nothing much to look at outside the window but...you aren't in a hotel room to look out the window now are you?! When I checked in I was given a bag with two waters, chips, m&ms and a granola bar....awesome! Fridge...no mini bar which was excellent because I personally always ask hotels to clear the mini bar so I can put my own stuff in. I will definitely stay again. I recommend this hotel if you are visiting the city. It's one block away from penn station, macys, manhattan mall.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (2,273)

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Beware of this hotel! Room one had dirt and hair on both duvets and comforters.
Room two had hair in beds and bugs too!!
Room three smelled like we were getting carbon monoxide poisoned
Room four I had to totally strip all linens off bed , clean and Lysol with supplies I bought, and remade the beds with 12 pieces of linens
Cleaned microwave as it had old hardened food on walls
Plastic curtains are dirty and stained
After numerous calls to Wyndham and demanding my refund from the manager( who was so annoyed with this he was huffing and puffing and RUDE!) I was refunded
This place is a disaster and nasty
Don't waste your time

Room Tip: Tip: stay any place but here!!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lovehearts10
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I've stayed at the Wingate often over the past few years because of its convenient location next to Penn Station and my husband's office. Typically, it's been clean and the service has been acceptable. I enjoy the complimentary full breakfast. An ongoing problem, though, is the lack of phone service throughout the hotel. There is complimentary Wifi, but dropped calls are annoying.
My last stay at the Wingate this past week was a disaster. Without getting into the details, suffice to say that the room was not clean. Amenities were not stocked/replenished.
It took three tries to find a room for us. The first attempt led us to a room with a foul odor that was unacceptable. Next, we were sent to an occupied room. Someone's coat, suitcase and belongings were already in the room. Finally, we were checked into an suitable room, but it had not been cleaned to the standards I have come to expect at the Wingate. At over $400 per night per room, they could at least provide coffee cups to accompany the coffee offerings.
The manager was responsive to my complaints, issuing a small discount to the room bill, but the housekeeping department continued to fall short throughout my stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room up high and in the back so you won't hear the construction and the trash trucks a...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 5, 2013

We stayed here only because my husband was traveling for work. Will never book here again. No valet parking, cell service in the building was horrible, bathroom faucet was broken, no cups in the room the first morning for coffee, no bottled water, and exhaust fan in the bathroom sounded like a helicopter taking off. Extremely noisy. Plus this hotel just became smoke free. I could smell a hint of cigarette smoke in our room which is a huge no no for me to stay.

Our favorite place in NYC is the Omni Berkshire-check it out, trust me it's worth it!! Omni's location is MUCH better too!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 25, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
Reviewed November 21, 2013

This hotel is located close to the subway, shopping and one block from parking (which offers a special rate for guests). The room was very clean, a decent size and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was better than the average hotel fare with eggs and sausage. The only complaint I have is that we heard the bass beat of music from somewhere in the building until 2a.m. Other that that I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple