“My stay at Wingate”

Ranked #341 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed November 14, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
WingateMgmt235, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Manhattan Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2013

Reviewed November 14, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
WingateMgmt235, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Manhattan Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Reviewed November 13, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I booked this due to the location, and my travel agent cancelled two days in advance when the trip did not happen. The hotel refused to accept the cancellation and charged my credit card. First they claimed it was cancelled within 48 hours, which was against their policy. When the travel agent disputed this, they could no longer find the record of their "intent to cancel", and claimed that it had not been cancelled at all. They charged for a full night stay - neither the local hotel nor Wyndham would back down.

Now I see they have an even worse policy over the holidays.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Dear Gunnar B,

I just wanted to apologize for your experience with the cancellation of your reservation. I would be happy to go over the details if you would contact me. You can reach me at 212-209-6222.

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

I spent just one night at the Wingate this month; a pit stop on my way to Greece. I wanted a place close to Times Square, shopping, the sights -- one that was comfortable and affordable. And I found it here. The room had every possible thing you could want or need for a quick stay and the front desk was super efficient!

I got a discount coupon at check in so had a fairly decent dinner at the adjoining Asian restaurant. Then, in the morning that space housed the breakfast. Convenient, if really crowded!

When I discovered something not to my liking, I brought it to the attention of front desk and they made it right immediately.

I would stay here anytime I'm in NYC and highly recommend it!

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
WingateMgmt235, General Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Manhattan Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear SistahTraveler,

Thank you for staying with us at the Wingate by Wyndham Manhattan! I'm glad that our hotel provided everything you were looking for in a NYC hotel. We take our service culture serious and I'm glad that our staff was able to tend to your needs. We hope to host you next time you are in New York City.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Just stayed at the Wingate 11/09/2013 to see The Eagles at MSG. Great location and very clean room. We shopped for hotel rates in the area and the Wingate met our needs. That matched the best rate we found online by using my AAA card. Front dest was friendly and watched our bags after checkout-a very nice touch. The room was clean and the location was the key to out stay. We would stay at the Wingate again. We read the reviews before we bookes. Yes the rooms are small and the fan is the bathroom is loud when the light is on.We have stayed in the city many times and feel the Wingate is a very good value.

Room Tip: Get a room up as high as possible. We feel a little kindness to the front desk goes a long way when...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Crimms,

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Wingate by Wyndham Manhattan! I'm glad that you found our hotel to be a great value while seeing the Eagles at Madison Square Garden. It's always great to hear positive reviews especially when our staff is involved, as they work hard to provide quality customer service like you experienced. I hope you stay with us again when attending events in NYC.