I booked this due to the location, and my travel agent cancelled two days in advance when the trip did not happen. The hotel refused to accept the cancellation and charged my credit card. First they claimed it was cancelled within 48 hours, which was against their policy. When the travel agent disputed this, they could no longer find the record of their "intent to cancel", and claimed that it had not been cancelled at all. They charged for a full night stay - neither the local hotel nor Wyndham would back down.
Now I see they have an even worse policy over the holidays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wingate by Wyndham Manhattan Midtown New York City Hotel is located just 1/2 block from Macys and Herald Square in the heart of the Garment/Fashion District, two blocks from Madison Square Garden and Penn Station and just moments away from such famous landmarks as the Empire State Building - 4 blocks, Times Square - 7 blocks, Bryant Park - 10 blocks, the Theater District - 10 blocks, and the Jacob Javits Convention Center - 10 blocks. At Wingate by Wyndham, we know you mean business. Our ninety-two spacious guestrooms and suites feature a well-lit work area, complimentary high speed internet access-wired and wireless, two line phones and remote printing from your room. The Wingate by Wyndham Manhattan Midtown is now offering FREE long distance calls to our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Manhattan Midtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Wingate By Wyndham Manhattan Midtown Hotel New York City
- Wingate New York City
- Wingate Manhattan Midtown
- Wyndham New York City
- New York City Wyndham