Open today: 11:00 AM - 4:00 AM
Review Highlights
Cool pub, great music

My partner and I popped in here for some pre-dinner drinks shortly after arriving in NYC, and... read more

Reviewed September 11, 2018
Leigh_vdb
Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
Nice spot with good service

Staff were very friendly during the busy holiday time. We were served quickly and received good... read more

Reviewed January 2, 2018
michaeloco

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around New York City
from $199.37
from $134.00
from $35.00
from $84.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 19, 2017 via mobile

Visited this pub just before going next door to Amma for food and liked the vibe. Met Dan the bartender outside who made us extremely welcome, sufficiently that we returned for lunch the very next day. So many places in NY are impersonal but not here. Not touristy in any way which is what we like. Great burgers. Thanks Dan for restoring our faith in the East side bar scene.

Date of experience: December 2016
1  Thank Boyd Y
Reviewed March 3, 2017

I was given a recommendation by a work colleague to visit the Stag's Head / Cornerstone pub. They had said that the pub was laid out differently to most Irish bars in Manhattan, and that the pub was relaxed and comfortable. Sounds about right for me after a long day's work!

I visited just after Christmas when the wind was blowing a chill wind and expected hot whiskey's to be served to warm the hands and hearts. I was pleasently surprised to see many young professionals suppng craft beers and downing whiskey shots!

I ordered a Smutty Nose beer which was drying initially but had a lovely lingering hoppy flavour. The barmaid, Marie, first asked what I normally ordered and gave me a sample tasting of two craft beers. I had admitted that I was a fan of The Six Point Brewery in Brooklyn and she immediately advised me to give the Smutty Nose a try. I was hooked - it wasn't gassy and slid down easy.

I ordered a Classic burger with avacado and fries and sampled at least three beers. All were of excellent standard and service was extrememly friendly and efficient. The toilets, however small, were clean and performed their function.

I loom forward to returning to sample another craft beer or two.

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed January 8, 2017 via mobile

We sat there there for over 20 minutes with no service. They were not that busy, but the waiter who was clearly assigned to us never even looked our way. Am I wrong to expect better? We decided to leave. As we were leaving another couple came in and asked for our table. We wished them good luck with service and left. We love this area of town, but will never waste our time there again.

Date of experience: January 2017
Reviewed December 28, 2016

We stumbled on this place one night and it's a great cosy pub with sport playing and nice good. There is also a great selection of craft beers. Reasonably priced too.

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed November 23, 2016

The Stags Head is a busy pub - and noisy.
They have a selection of craft beers - on tap & in bottles.

Date of experience: November 2016