“A wonderful Christmas Eve dining experience”
Review of Le Cirque

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Lexington & Third Avenues
Transit: 4,5,6 and N,R,W at 59th Street & Lexington Ave. F at 63rd Street & Lexington Ave. E, M at 53rd Street & Lexington Ave. M57 at 57th Street & Lexington Ave. M101, M102, M103 at 57th Street & Lexington Ave.
Description: Sirio Maccioni once again welcomes friends and guests at his renowned Le Cirque at its home within the prestigious One Beacon Court (151 East 58th Street). Under the leadership of the Maccioni family including wife Egidiana, sons Mario, Marco, and Mauro, the legendary restaurant entertains and attends to patrons with its hallmark service, exciting atmosphere and excellent cuisine as it has done for over thirty five celebrated years.
Massachusetts
“A wonderful Christmas Eve dining experience”
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Kudos to the staff at le Cirque who handled 14 of us on Christmas Eve. Yes, the service was a bit slow at times, but it did not bother us because we were enjoying family time together - and because the servers were good about checking on us. I love sole and always order sole meunière when in Paris, so when I saw Dover sole on the menu, I couldn't wait to try it. First, it was perfectly prepared - correctly seasoned, too. I was not ready, however, for the entire fish to appear on my plate! (I'm more used to the 1/2 fish.) Needless to say, I couldn't finish it - a bit of a waste both in terms of the food and the price - but my taste buds were too happy to care all that much. (The same happened to the other 3 who ordered the sole - just too much fish.) Every dish we ate - and we ate a lot - was beautifully presented and, importantly, all 14 dishes were brought out within 1 minute so that there wasn't any one waiting for food. Side dishes - from vegetables to potatoes - were seasoned well and complemented our main meals. Le Cirque was packed that night, yet we didn't suffer a single glitch. In fact, my young nephew who loves shrimp cocktail, was disappointed to see that it wasn't on that night's menu. A conversation between my brother and a server resulted in shrimp cocktail appearing. Heaven knows where they had to go to get it, but that sort of service was much appreciated. Fourteen sated and happy people will happily return!

• Visited December 2013

East Hampton
“Interesting - but pale in comparison to its former magical glory as 2K at the Palace.”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Decent at best. In the Bloomberg center, a bit corporate on the hello & overall. Food & service par, at best - particularly, if not a heavy hitter ($$$). Ensure you specify (or at least try, perhaps w/ UR wallet) to get a seat in the main "show" room, else you'll likely feel like a 2nd class citizen. BTW, relative to 2K, the food, service & ambience is of no comparison.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Don C
LeCirqueNYC, Manager at Le Cirque, responded to this review, March 17, 2014
Dear Don C.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. We are sincerely grateful for your valuable feedback, and we are sorry that the food, service and ambience were not as impressive to you as they were before.

We take all reviews very seriously and have addressed the problems you noted.

We hope you will return so we can provide you with a better dining experience and seat you in the room where you would prefer to sit. We value your patronage and hope to see you again soon.

Kindest,

New London, North Carolina
“Want to treat yourself? Celebrate a special occasion?”
Reviewed March 2, 2014

Whenever we travel to NYC, we make it a point to try at least one of the best restaurants. Le Cirque was our choice for this visit. It more than met our expectations. The menu was not only varied but contained innovative choices for all courses. Our favorites were the East/West oysters, Dover Sole and Escargot. Each selection was outstanding. While the food was excellent, the service was even better. The staff was professional, attentive, knowledgeable and personable. If you are looking for an excellent meal in a beautiful setting with a staff that cannot be matched, go to Le Cirque. It is worth every penny.

• Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Le Cirque has gone down hill.”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I went to Le Cirque for restaurant week this week hoping to have the delicious and relaxing experience that usually accompanies a dinner at Le Cirque. I have been to Le Cirque previously both for non-restaurant week and restaurant week evenings and have always had a great experience. This was NOT the case on Thursday night. In past years, restaurant week has always been held in the normal dining room, however this night we sat in the "cafe" near the loud and crowded bar. The server took over 15 minutes to even greet us and ask for our drink orders. When the wine finally came, it was one of the smallest glasses I've ever seen. The food was sub-par at best...I was shocked as it is usually phenomenal...very bland. Even the creme brulee which is always a Le Cirque favorite did not have the melt-in-your-mouth flavor...it too was bland. By the time the bill came, I noticed that we were over-charged for our glasses of wine. Don't get me wrong, I can afford an extra $4, but if I ordered a $15 glass of wine I expect to pay $15 for it (especially when it was the tiny size that it was). When I asked the waiter about it, he insisted that I was incorrect. When I asked to see the menu, he seemed annoyed, and proceeded to bring a larger, different wine list than the one we were originally presented. I told him it was not the same menu, and he disappeared for over 10 minutes. I saw a copy of the smaller wine list sitting on the hostess stand and took the initiative to take a peek. Low and behold, the wine was in fact $15 and it was only then, that I took my own initiative to obtain a copy of the menu and showed our waiter that he FINALLY agreed to change the bill. I've had plenty of experience working in the restaurant business, and while $4 may seem insignificant (I agree, it is), you don't want your customers feeling nervous that they need to scrutinize their bill. Customers should feel as if they are being taken care of...that's the point of a hospitality business. Many of you may be reading this thinking that none of this is shocking for a restaurant week experience...we aren't paying full price, why should we expect full service, right? WRONG. Restaurant week should be Le Cirque's opportunity to entice new diners and wow them with the experience...so much so, that the diner is willing to return and pay full price since the experience was so amazing. Plus tell all of their friends about it. I will NEVER recommend Le Cirque to anyone...in fact, I will tell them how down hill it's gone. Shame.

• Visited February 2014
3 Thank KLW711
LeCirqueNYC, Manager at Le Cirque, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Kate W.,

Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant. We are very sorry your bad experience with us on your last visit.
You are absolutely right that restaurant week should be a time that people get to know the restaurant so that maybe they do come back for the "full experience" on other occasions.
We have addressed the staff about the things that went wrong that night so that they do not happen again.

We take our customer complaints very seriously and we always aim to improve and provide the best food and service possible.

We hope that you will give us a chance to make amendments for your experience that evening and will give us another try. Please bring in this review and our letter if you come back.

Thank-you,
Kind regards,

Raleigh, North Carolina
“A Wonderful Treat for the Senses...”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I have been to Le Cirque on several occasions over the years and every time I visit, it seems just like the first. With their colorful decor and their thoughtfully conceived menu, each trip there is truly a delight for the senses. The service is always first class and every dish is lovingly prepared. A perfect place to dine with friends or for that special romantic evening out. A restaurant not to be missed...

• Visited January 2014
LeCirqueNYC, Manager at Le Cirque, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear Mybeezer,

Thank you for coming back to see us and for taking the time to review our restaurant. We are grateful for your support and positive feedback, and we hope to provide you with many more great dining experiences. We are so happy that you expressed such delight with both the menu and the decor!

We value your patronage and hope to see you again soon!

Kind regards,