“Nize ..... very nize”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Manhattan
Cross street: Between 3rd & Lexington
Transit: Grand Central
Description: Darbar Indian restaurant has a prime location in midtown Manhattan, right in the heart of New York City, and is a superb choice for authentic Indian food and ambiance. Besides the traditional korma and tandoori preparations, the kitchen experiments with trans-ethnic fusion dishes like Maine crab cakes, and potato croquettes stuffed with goat cheese. Make sure to take advantage of the lunch buffet special, with seafood, lamb or goat, chicken, vegetables, salads and much more.
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My family and I came in in the early afternoon and just managed the buffet. Excellent food I must say. Well displayed and excellent taste. Kids loved it too. The buffet is absolutely recommandable at $13 per person ! Service is ok but not too fast nor too slow. All in all we had a good lunch/dinner and we enjoyed it very much !

Reviewed July 29, 2013

A great find. Huge selection and delicious food. Not your run of the mill Indian food. Upscale but not unreasonably priced.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Wife and I are vacationing in NYC for 5 nights and stopped in on the first day because it as convenient from our hotel. We did the four course chef's menu @ $38/ person. All the food was good. Service was very attentive and friendly. We were there early - about 6pm. Don't know what it's like for lunch or late dinner. The place was pretty full when we left at 7:30, so it seems fairly popular. It was a bit pricey, so they need to make sure they maintain the quality and service. Hope they do. Really enjoyed our visit.

Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I love Indian food and try new places when possible while traveling. Darbar had some of the best curries we've had. We came with a group of 8, most of whom were new to curries. Everyone, even 3 kids, loved the food. For starters the samosas are a light and savory as are the potato & cheese croquettes. Lamb korma & chicken tikka masala are great. The goat bhuna was my 12 year old son's favorite meal of the trip- tender meat with a complex curry sauce we haven't tried before.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Very nice small Indian restaurant on the East side not far from Grand Central. I wandered in alone, hungry and thirsty. I had the chicken Biryani and plain naan and a big Kingfisher (brewed in Saratoga Springs, NY for the US market). A healthy portion with fluffy jasmine rice and cilantro, just spicy enough to need a little naan and beer to cool it off.
Service is excellent and very professional. Ill be back.