Hotel Mela
Hotel Belleclaire(New York City)(Great Value!)
$188
$161
$274
$247
  • Room Service
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
$324
$305
  • Room Service
Hilton Garden Inn Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$257
$216
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
$172
$118
  • Fitness center
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$153
$134
  • Room Service
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$145
  • Fitness center
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$167
$98
  • Restaurant
Millennium Broadway New York Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
$352
$215
Official Site
  • Room Service
Blue Moon Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$229
$100
  • Breakfast included
4,401 results
All reviewssaju bistrotimes squarejohn paullong roomgreat locationfrench bistronew yorkrooms are smallbrick wallmini barbryant parkthe theater districtstreet noisearound the cornercentral locationan upgradebig apple
Reviewed March 31, 2013

The hotel is in an awesome location, just a block behind the Good Morning America Studios. Even with long city blocks, we were able to walk to all the theatre shows we booked, as well as Rockefeller Plaza and even Grand Central, when we left the city by train for a weekend in Connecticut. The hotel staff was super friendly despite putting us in a room with a full bed, instead of the queen that I booked. It took them several hours and 2 phone calls to remedy the situation and the 2nd room did have a queen bed, but it was stuffed into the same small space. The hotel said that the hotel was full and it seemed so, with many European tour groups crowding the small lobby area. Both rooms I saw were older and in need of updates, especially the bathrooms. I know that NYC rooms are notoriously small, but the room with a queen bed was super tiny and even though we had just a duffle and a small suitcase, they both had to stay on the floor, one directly in front of the door so that I had to move it to go in and out. I would book this hotel again b/c of the location and the very helpful staff. However, it is super small and needs a facelift.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Miloman10
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Stayed at the Mela with friends over a long weekend via a package deal with Air Canada. The hotel is shouting distance from Times Square and adjacent to a number of good restaurants, especially the Saju Bistro.

Lobby is small as are the rooms. We were originally given a superior room (chair, desk and closet) but it had a very small double bed so we traded for a standard Queen (no chair, desk or closet). Bit of a hassle not having a place to hang a full-length garment like a dress or coat, but livable. We needed service to unblock a toilet and repair the safe (which would not close) and it was fast and efficient. Luggage storage likewise and also free.

Bed was extremely comfortable, room was quiet, water was hot. What more do you need?

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank FrequentTravellers
Reviewed March 29, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel Mela pre-cruise March 4 for two nights. I booked the least expensive room for two adults possible and the room was exactly how I thought a NYC room 1/2 of a block from Times Square would be. The room was small, enough room for the king bed, a small closet type dresser and another stand with a TV. We didn't have much room for our 2 large and 2 small suitcases (in preparation for our 10 day cruise). The bathroom was small as well, basic vanity with just a stand up shower. BUT, everything was clean, updated, smelled great and the location could not be beat! We were able to walk over 2 blocks to Fifth Avenue and walk up to Central Park. Times Square was litterally just outside and down 1/2 blocks.

In Times Square the food was pricy (that is the case all over NYC) but a few doors down from this hotel is Times Deli. The deli is open 24 hours, has a hot/cold items, a deli counter, sodas, everything you could want. We ended up doing several meals at Times Deli. Once you get the hang of the crowd in the deli, its perfect. You buy your sandwich, breakfast item, hot dinner item up from and then sit at the tables in the back and eat. They even had healthy options includes soups and salads.

Overall I would give our stay at the Mela a complete A+, we had friendly service, a very nice stay (in a small room) and will be back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 29, 2013

This is the fourth year we have stayed at the Mela, seven nights each visit. Jonathan, Anna, J.P., Jed, Rose and Arturo provide customer service beyond compare. Add the impeccable customer service to the comfort of the accommodations and the location and this is the ONLY place I will stay in NYC. This location makes ALL of NYC easily accessible. No more giant chains for me, love the Boutique feeling of the Hotel Mela.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Mela for one night after a late rooftop party for work. I commute to work at the city, so our late night event often leads to a killer commute home just to turn around three or four hours later and come right back.

I was supposed to share a room with a co-worker and have two separate beds, but that was not in the cards that night. The front desk let us know that all of their double bed rooms were booked and we had to share a king size bed. Since we were two women, the staff thought it would be cool to share. You know, not that it's awkward or anything...

My co-worker did not take kindly to this and went off on a tirade. The staff took it all in with a grain of salt. I mean not only was she drunk, drunk, drunk, but she shoeless, sloppy and angry. Bad combination. The staff offered us free breakfast, which worked for me, but my co-worker kept going at it.

I eventually got her to our room when she decided she wanted to smoke outside without shoes in the New York street... on her way out she gave a few choice words to the front desk.. again.

I ended up sleeping on the floor because there were no cots and no other single bed options. The room was nice, clean, the bathroom was big for NYC. It wasn't easy, but somehow it still worked.

Room Tip: Make sure you get what you pay for Street-side gets noisy
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business