“Another great time at the Mela near Times Square!”
Review of Hotel Mela

Hotel Mela
Ranked #274 of 468 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Had a conference the week before Christmas and of course I stayed at the Mela on West 44th Street. The room was not the one I expected and I told the staff at the front desk. They immediately offered another room. It was delightful! I am always happy with this hotel; the price, the location and the friendly staff! Thank you again for a great trip.

Room Tip: Upper rooms are quieter if you would like less 'New York' noise!
3  Thank elainewny
There are newer reviews for Hotel Mela

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Booked one night for a surprise trip for my fiancee and myself. The location was great (two blocks from Broadway and Times Square) but the room was very small and the TV did not work in our room. Even though the room was facing another building and Times Square, we slept quite well and the room was quiet. Also, the restaurant next door was excellent!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joey F
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This was my second stay at Hotel Mela and it was just as perfect at the first. The girl at the front desk actually remembered me after 14 months! Everyone is friendly, accomidating, helpful and competent. The beds are perfectly comfortable and the rooms are spacious. It's half a block from Times Square but the room was quiet so my 4 year old and I slept soundly. I've stayed at many hotels in NYC but since finding Mela, this is the only one i will ever stay at again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Brokermish
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Hotel Mela is in a great location just a block from Times Square. Unfortunately, a problem developed with our room and when this couldn't be recitified, the staff were most helpful in transferring us to an upgraded room. The Bistro attached to the hotel was excellent.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com
2  Thank rickyiom
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Perfectly situated around the corner from Times Square the hotel itself is very quiet. The room I had was not located right on the street - it didn't have much of a view of anything, but it was perfectly quiet and if I hadn't walked through crowded Times Square I would have had no idea it was so close to it. The room I was in was on the small side but I was there alone and not in the room except to sleep so I was not bothered by the size. It was very clean, had a comfortable bed and was quiet. That was enough for me.

Other than during checking in and out I didn't really have much contact with the staff as I spent most of my time outside. I didn't have my room serviced but as I was leaving one morning a housekeeper noticed I had the do not disturb sign on but offered to just empty the trash for me which I thought was nice.

If you are wondering what the rooms look like check their website. The room I had looked pretty much as it was pictured. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My husband and I stumbled upon this hotel many years ago when we were looking for a place to stay in New York City. We go to the city every year on Christmas eve and stay the night. The Hotel Mela was the perfect boutique hotel to stay at. It's right near Times Square and it is literally within walking distance to anything you want to do there. Check in is a breeze, the staff is very friendly and fun and the rooms are great. They are very clean, the bathrooms are spotless and the bed is very VERY comfortable which is not something you often find at a hotel. The thing I like most about the Mela is when you go there no matter what room you're put in you always know what you're going to get.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who is planning on going to the city and staying over and I look forward to going back.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stayed at Mela last weekend, $159 plus taxes through a Travelocity deal--GREAT for NYC!!! Room was basically taken up entirely by the bed, but it was fine--we weren't planning on spending a lot of time inside anyway. Very clean room. Nice staff, especially concierge/valet parking crew. Great location--in the middle of everything, yet quiet because it's on a side street. Free wifi was a plus.