“Dirty sheets no heat no elevador”
Review of Hotel 309

Hotel 309
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

Well there is no elevador and I stayed on the 5th floor. Room a bit dirty but organized with no heat on and shared bathroom. I wouldn't stay here anymore. But neighborhood was perfect and supermarket super close and subway station.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Gazito

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Before I arrived, I read all of the reviews online. Most of them were spot on. I arrived at 1:30 PM on the Friday before Easter and the attendant, Matt, was very nice. He told me to just go drop off my bags in the room because the maid was still getting it ready. I came back in an hour after eating and it was perfect! It's located directly beside the 14th St. & 8th Ave subway, which is VERY convenient. I went all over the city using this entrance. The property is not glamorous or fancy, but my room was nice and clean. It's obviously a family-run property and if need something, just ask the maid whenever you happen to bump into her. I reserved a room that included a private bathroom (because I just can't fathom the thought of sharing a bathroom with a stranger all weekend). Be sure to bring your own soaps and lotions because they are not provided. I mean, there is this generic soap/shampoo dispenser in the shower, but I I prefer to know where my soap is coming from. The TV channels are basic cable, so don't expect to watch HBO. My room came with a clean fridge and microwave, which was good. The location is great and it's comfy. The exterior doesn't reflect how the rooms look, so don't be put-off when you arrive. I recommend this place to anyone looking for a great deal in a good place. Just know that if you're gonna need/expect amenities, this isn't the place for you. But if you're looking to have a fun time in New York, then please give this place a try.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a bathroom. I had room 22, which perfect for one person or a couple.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Quincy J
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Room was nice and bed was comfy. We had a room with the private bathroom along with the room with the 2 bunk beds. Room space was kinda small but then again its NYC you can to see the city not to stay in the room. The hotel employees was nice and helpful when we need a cab to go out they called one for us. But over all it was a nice decent place to stay. I wouldn't mind staying there again.

Room Tip: Make sure to book the room with the private bathroom, cause the shared bathroom doesn't seem lik...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jenna D
Reviewed February 12, 2014

This hotel was just as described and more!.
When I arrived which was around 12.30 mid day, there staff were very swift and efficient in checking me in and allocating a room even though it was well before the official booking in time.

They were always on hand to assist in any way they could.

The room was very clean and warm, Shower clean and in very good working order.
Room safe was very easy to use.

Location is ideal and very close to subway, bars and dining of the meat packing quarter.
All in all I was very happy I have found this little gem of an hotel.

Very good price of rooms. AAA

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Richard S
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I love this place - this was my second stay at 309 and I always recommend this place for the comfort, price and location. Matt is very friendly and helpful and will try to accommodate all your needs. Great place :)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Simone M
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We arrived a day late for our stay at hotel 309 after being delayed by our airline and unfortunately we forgot to let the hotel know.

Upon arriving at the hotel (tired and excited to be in New York) we got a very poor reception from the gentleman on reception. After explaining we were late for our check in we were told this was going to cause 'real problems'. He would have to go to a real effort of re-checking us in. We explained we didn't have a problem paying for the 1st night that we weren't there, but he still said that it would be a problem.

Eventually after around 10 - 15 minutes (whilst we stood there feeling very uncomfortable) he got us our room sorted and we paid the balance in US dollars. A couple of days after leaving the hotel I noticed there had been an extra £80 taken out of my account which I am disputing to what this was for (I'm presuming it's because we were late arriving).

The actual hotel was 'ok' for what we wanted. Wasn't a nice atmosphere to the place but was reasonably clean and tidy. Just a shame we didn't get a more friendly welcome. We stayed at around 10 different hotels and hostels on our trip and this was the only one I wouldn't recommend.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Vanno84
hotel309, General Manager at Hotel 309, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback. I am very sorry and disappointed to hear that your reception at the hotel was unsatisfactory. Guest service is truly our highest priority. I expect nothing less of my staff than friendly, helpful and responsive assistance to all our customers at all times. Clearly our receptionist that night handled this situation incorrectly. If you could provide me with more information, I would take it upon myself to discuss this situation with the employee. Additionally, if you are willing to give us another shot I am certain we can provide an excellent level of service. I would like to offer you a free night at the hotel. If you are interested in the offer, please write to me at Hotel309@Gmail.com. Again, please accept my apologies for the unsatisfactory check in experience and I hope to hear from you.

Best,

Matthew Miller

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Only stayed 1 night but hotel was exactly as described. Room was small but efficient and only complaint was that the pull out sofa was rock hard and needed to be replaced. The manager was excellent with so much helpful advice and assisted us with a car the next day. Also changed our room so we didn't have to lug our cases upstairs.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Wendy J