Hotel 309
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$318
$296
  • Room Service
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
$178
$170
  • Pool
The Lucerne Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$322
$219
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$267
$247
  • Restaurant
YOTEL New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
$201
$134
$302
$269
Homewood
  • Breakfast included
  • Fitness center
Stewart Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$179
  • Room Service
The Kimberly Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
$279
  • Pool
$420
Hotelpower.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreenwich villagethe sofa bedtimes squarechelseamicrowavesubwaycvs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 5, 2013

The hotel was completely overpriced. The bathroom was dirty as was the bedroom. The air con didn't work and the wifi never worked even though they took our money.
When I went to the front desk to complain, no one was there on the supposedly 24 hour maned desk.
For the price it was unacceptable. I would not recommend it to anyone and will not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Anonymous_999998
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We booked the budget room via hostelbookers due to the fact it was so cheap for Manhattan and in a good location. We didnt expect the room to be much and it wasnt. A small room with two bunks beds and a kitchenette but that was our expectation and we were not bothered as we didnt intend on spending much time there. We were four guys on a beer up to celebrate a friends 40th.

The staff were excellent and very friendly. Check in and check out was hassle free. Location is perfect with a subway station on one corner, good diner on the other and walking distance to trendy bars in Meatpacker. The neighbourhood felt safe.

I would definitely stay here again with the lads. Would I stay here with my wife for our next trip, no! She likes a bit more luxury. I`m sure they have nicer rooms though than the budget ones we stayed in which maybe just fine.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I stayed at Hotel 309 last week. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was well furnished, clean and had a good bed. I was in the room next to the reception which was incredibly noisy. The room is also directly above the boiler so the temperature is literally around 30 degrees C. Neither of these issues should be a problem so long as you avoid Room no. 2.

The worst part of my one night stay was waking up to find the biggest cockroach I have ever seen (including TV) chilling in the bathroom. The staff member told me "it's NY and sometimes they get in!" My feeling is that these creatures are very social! I don't think he or she lives alone.

Stay here if you don't mind big bugs. Don't stay if you do!

Room Tip: Do not go anywhere near Room no. 2. It has a private bathroom but the noise and the heat are unbearable.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

We found this Hotel on the Hostel bookers website. It came out to about $25 per night per person for a four person room. The room was super small and we had 2 bunk beds to sleep in. We did however get a kitchen with fridge and Microwave. I can't speak for the other rooms but if you choose the 4 person option there is no private bathroom. It is shared and there's 2 per floor. The rooms are clean but they bathrooms get dirty very quickly in the mornings. Its also located in Chelsea/Meat Packing district which is nice and has everything but not over crowded. Having a metro stop literally 10 steps away from the front door is a bonus. Overall I'd definitely recommend this place it's probably the best value you'll get in NYC.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 4, 2013

When we arrive there was a little problem with the reservation. Luckily we had all the right documents + a confirmation mail, so the problem was solved really fast. We got another room (actually a better one, with private bathroom), just for 1 night, but we didn't have to pay it. So a really nice service.

The rest of the week we got a room for 4 persons and a shared bathroom. The room is rather small, but you don't come to NY to stay in your room! ;) Both room and bathroom were very clean. The fact that the bathroom isn't private wasn't a problem at all since it was free whenever we wanted to use it. And if not you can just go to a second one on the same floor.

Also the staff is very friendly. Real New Yorkers!

Across the street you can find several coffee places with the best bagels, many bars, a pharmacy,... On the corner of the street there is also a subway station.

Very good location if you go on a trip with some friends. The only thing that bothered us was the fact that the beds were kinda noisy. But still, we slept very well!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends