“Great Location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Santa Cruz, California
“Great Location”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I really don't have any complaints about this hotel. The location cannot be beat. Impressive lobby, standard rooms. Apparently someone important (or a celebrity) was staying while we were there, because there was a huge security presence in the lobby. We enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,775)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed April 27, 2014

this is one of the best Hilton hotels in nyc, it has a perfect location for visiting, Rooms are perfectly elaborated to fit your needs. Great Staff but needs some more training, especially customer service pone line, gave us 3 different opinions concerning hours, breakfast,
Nice clean rooms, one block away from metro stations, one block away from Moma museum, 2 blocks away from Radio City, 3 blocks away from Rockefeller center, 3 blocks away from central park, 4 blocks away from broadway shows, what can you ask more?
Even though a Little overpriced but if you book ahead, you may find some very good deals. I would for sure recomend this hotel to anyone assisting New York City, and take the breakfast package,!!.
please if someone reads this review from the hotel, if u ask for four towels, BE SURE TO DELIVER 4 TOWELS, its anoying to be checking for the towels in the morning before showering!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank coffeemaster101
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

We were fortunate enough to be upgraded from a standard to "presidential" suite on 42nd floor. This is ideal for a family stay....suites are huge and have clearly been very recently refurbished. Also a decent view of Central Park.

Getting use of the exec lounge makes a big difference. The inclusive continental breakfast is pretty good, and the free soft drinks / coffee and cakes all day a real bonus.

Lobby is vast, but felt no busier than any other large hotel...very fast check in.

Finally, gym is also very large with a good range of high quality equipment.

Stayed April 2014
Oceanview, DE
Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is a very large and very busy hotel. My wife and I stayed here for the yoga conference. She does yoga -- I write reviews. Anyway, the staff was very nice and, I thought, accommodating. Food selection is limited, Bars are trendy. Room was comfortable -- a deluxe king, which I would recommend since it has a couch. The location is very central for tourists. We're senior citizens, so for our regular visits to New York for other than yoga conferences, we stay at the Waldorf Astoria which is our favorite hotel of all time. Although the Waldorf is a big hotel, it has an air of calm about it. All in all, we were pleased with the Hilton Midtown for the convenience of staying in the conference hotel and the helpfulness of the staff. For food there is a nice reasonably priced deli on 53rd street. Go out the front doors, turn right and cross 53rd street. Turn right on 53rd and walk about half a block. It's called 53 Gourmet Deli. Lots of selection for breakfast and lunch. Tables inside and outside. Sandwichs range from $5.95 to 6.95.

Room Tip: Get a deluxe king which has a couch in it. and a little bigger room. In general, the higher the fl...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard N
Miami, Florida, United States
Reviewed April 27, 2014

The short story here is that when I approached the front desk on my 2nd morning, they GLADLY moved me, but I should have complained when I first got into my room. If you ever stay at this hotel, ask to see your room first before you unpack.

Worst of times: There were a number of things that I had problems with... #1 - The A/C didn't cool the room lower than 73; just a few degrees too warm for me. #2 - The room itself was tired and used #3 - I traded a day of maid service so I could have free internet.... and #4 - They put me in the middle of a pack of travelling High Schoolers enjoying Spring Break. The students' noise running up and down the hall at 1:45 AM (and again at 2:30) was the last straw for me and security was sent up, but I was trapped in a hot room for the rest of my sleepless night.

Best of times: Much to the hotel's credit, the new room was significantly nicer and looked as though it had undergone a complete renovation. I guess I'm a bit surprised that as a frequent stayer at Hilton, the staff would have put me in one of the "nicer", "newer" rooms to begin with.

I'm going to rate this place a "C" because of the following:
1 room was great and the other... well - it just wasn't.
The staff was responsive but I shouldn't have been put in the position to test them.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
evian
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I am for the second time in this hotel (on business purpose, so I didn't choose myself).
It have a very good location, near Times Square, Fifth Avenue.....so you can almost everywhere by foot, but I expected better services from a Hilton 5 stars hotel
You don't have minibar in the room, if you don't ask they don't bring slippers and bathrobe, the wifi is only in the lobby, or you have to pay for it (but if you pay, it is very good)
So, it is a good hotel with an excellent location.........

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Guam
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We splurged and stayed at the is hotel. The locationis terrific, right next to the memorial (ironically we didn't go in, the lines were ridiculously long due to spring break) and right next the subway. The lobby is small but efficient. The only free wifi in the hotel is in the lobby, but it keeps dropping out. We were able to leave out luggage there after we checked out which was a great service. Other than that, the service was very generic. The front desk were Ok but not overly friendly or helpful. Even though we have silver status, the internet is not free.
Mr Oscar was nice and allowed us to check in early and took the time to find us a higher floor room. The room was amazing on the 34th floor. It was a corner room with an amazing view! both of the river and upper Manhattan. The bathroom was a little dated, but the amenities were sufficient. The bed was very soft and comfortable. The negative was the room mini fridge, there was no room to put your own items in. We didn't eat in though, there is deli across the road and breakfast restuarant on the next corner.

Room Tip: ask for higher floor, eat locally
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family