“Wonderful location for sightseeing”

New York Hilton Midtown
Ranked #323 of 473 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 17, 2013

The was the chosen hotel for a conference I was attending - so I didn't have much say on where I was staying or the price. That said, I'm not sure if I could have done much better. The location was great! So close to Rockefeller Center and Times Square! My room was okay. A bit on the small side - especially the bathroom. My room was also not totally clean. There were things left by a previous tenant in the drawers and cabinets. I'm guessing that cleaning services just over looked them. Also, this is a conference hotel, so keep in mind that it's bustling with people at all times. In the elevator, a video was played about the history of the hotel. Although it got a bit old quick, it was neat to learn about all the dignitaries and celebrities who have stayed there in the past.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (10,827)

Reviewed August 17, 2013

You would expect a bit higher performance from Hilton. No such luck. Taking a "group" of business people in there was not a good idea. One of the newly installed toilets on the 14th floor was placed at such angle that half of the seat portion was under the sink enclosure. Great if you are half-a--d. To flush you had to basically lower your face into the bowl area. As far as complimentary vouchers for a hot drink. No problem for the drink but what size are you entitled too. Those vouchers hit the garbage can - quickly.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

This is not a boutique or luxury hotel, but you end up getting good value for money. The hotel is well situated and convenient, and the rooms are comfortable, if perhaps poorly decorated and a bit shoddy at times (for example, the hallway and public areas). There are hordes of people here, but everything functions efficiently. I could have done without the video in the lift (elevator), however. My only major complaint was the lobby, a vast and empty place with nowhere to sit down to meet people. My son ended up going to their indoor café and buying a drink while he awaited me, and even at that we missed eachother because of the crowds. Still, I would go back, especially if I ever get credited with the Frequent Flyer miles I was supposed to get (Marriott came through on this within 2 weeks...).

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank SteveSavatte
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Staying at the Hilton Midtown in Manhattan was effortless. Hotel staff are friendly and efficient despite the fact that thousands of people stay there each day. We always felt respected and that our questions were handled with care. Wonderful experience!

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Right in the centre of everything. Awesome location. Lovely clean, smart hotel. The cocktail bar is a little expensive but so are all in-house bars. The rooms are clean and spacious. The staff are polite and helpful. Location means you're never far away from anyplace you want to visit.
The only downside for us was the view from our room. I've stayed here a couple of times and am always given a side street room, nothing really to see and noisy if you're on a lower floor due to the duatcart collections daily. Would go back because like the Hilyon brand but have stated in better hotels in NYC

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I initially liked this hotel -- it's clean and comfortable and has good-sized rooms for New York. But every time I saw the housekeeper -- which was strangely often -- she would ask me, "You're checking out Thursday, right? I'm here until Wednesday..." She said this to me at least 4 times, so I just gave her 10 dollars to leave me alone -- but she didn't. She kept up with this. I don't know if the Hilton pays housekeeping less than other places, but I've never had this happen before, and it was really awkward. I told the front desk about this when I checked out, but I haven't heard from a manager. I liked the hotel, but wouldn't stay again, just because it added this weird, uncomfortable dimension to my stay (and it's not cheap).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Kek98, Director of Sales at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

I appreciate your review of your recent experience at our hotel. I'm very sorry for the unpleasant encounter you had with your housekeeper and I have addressed the issue with our staff. Exceptional guest service is the foundation of our brand promise and your feedback will help us to improve moving forward.

Kellie A Cahill
NYCNH_DS@hilton.com
Director of Marketing

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Book flight and hotel out Detroit to New York City. Had a blast touring the city during the day and eating at the local restaurants. Back to the hotel to freshen up, a quick trip to Central Park where I asked her to mary me. SHE SAID YES! then off to Little Italy for a phenomenal dinner at Sophia's Restaurante. We visited the "Top of the Rock" around 11:30 for a night time view of the City! What a Weekend!
Great hotel, great service and awesome quick breakfast station in the lobby!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple