New York Hilton Midtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Warwick New York(New York City)
  • Restaurant
The Blakely New York(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
The London NYC(New York City)
  • Restaurant
The Dorset(New York City)
View Hotel
Parker New York(New York City)
  • Pool
  • Pool
  • Room Service
Carnegie Hotel(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
Wellington Hotel(New York City)
10,948 results
All reviewsthe executive loungecentral parkgreat locationnew yorktimes squarerockefeller centerlarge hotelradio city music hallbusy hotelfew blocksfifth avenuehousekeeping staffhigh floorcorner roomstreet noisebagelsmidtown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stay at the Hiliton's "flagship" hotel frequently for business, though I am actively looking for a substitute. To me this hotel is an example of what 50 years of neglect does to what was a good brand--nearly each time I stay I find something else that has been taken away (bathroom amenities, robes, coffee makers, bathtubs, refrigerators [you now pay $38 to have a mini fridge brought up to your room], etc. and I virtually never encounter any new service or amenity. Almost every room I've been in over 7 years has things that don't work in it--clocks, drains, safes, outlets, etc. Staff is the least friendly of any Hilton I stay in anywhere. Some rooms are renovated, some are pretty tired looking. The theromstats haven't worked in years as far as I can tell. I am a Diamond Hilton member and yet only two times in seven years have I been given anything other than a standard room. The hotel is usually swarming with conference-goers and is quite impersonal. The food is poor and the Executive Lounge is often late in opening for breakfast making it hard to get to meetings. What I do like is that there is a decently equipped 24 hour fitness center with a rowing machine in it and the location is in central midtown.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Kek98, Director of Sales at New York Hilton Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for being a loyal guest of our hotel and for sharing this feedback with us via TripAdvisor. Please know that your satisfaction is of the utmost importance to us, and we will be using your comments as we constantly evolve to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations. I apologize for the poor impression we have made, and for the frustration you must be facing. We are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction, and look forward to your next visit so we may show you the quality hospitality you have come to expect from our brand. We welcome any additional comments you would like to share and invite you to contact our offices directly to do so.

Kellie A Cahill
NYCNH_DS@hilton.com
Director of Marketing

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Stayed here for five days at the end of June for a conference and was not disappointed. Room was very small, but functional. We definitely missed having a fridge but the ice maker was just down the hall. Our room was on the 31st floor and we had an incredible view. I was told the rooms on lower levels are noisier - ours was just fine. Ordered room service on our last day to celebrate my husband's birthday and it cost a small fortune ($70 for an omelette and pancakes, no juice or coffee) but it was absolutely delicious and a cool experience.

The best part about this hotel is the convenience factor - within walking distance of Central Park, Times Square, Rockefeller Centre, etc.

Room Tip: It seems even numbered rooms face Central Park. Higher rooms have better views and less noise.
Reviewed June 28, 2013

I stayed here with my husband and daughter in a double room. My expectations were fairly high due to the price and location.
The room was not stunning. It was clean apart from some raisins spilled by the bedstand. I was relieved to see that it was only raisins, and I could see that they were only missed because they were not visible to a quick inspection. I noticed them when I went to use the wall outlet.
The beds were comfortable and the room temperature control was effective and quiet. The bathroom was clean and reasonably appealing, not especially modern or stylish. TV was fine, and there were no other frills such as a coffee pot, mini-fridge.
My main gripe was with the water. Clearly, we were late risers, as my husband got a hot shower at 7 am, but I got a cold shower at 7.45 am. We talked to one other guest there who also complained of a cool shower. I was very surprised that such a popular hotel should have a basic problem like this.
For our stay, we had free continental breakfast (normal cost about $22). I was very glad to have this, and it was the best part of the stay. The staff were courteous and friendly, the dining area was quiet (considering how many people were there) and the food was good. A wide selection of pastries, muffins and breads, a smaller selection of cereals, yogurts and fruits. Coffee and orange juice were served at the table and were refilled as often as you could wish.
The hot breakfast looked good, but I did not try that (it would cost more, and I am not a fan).
You cannot fault the location - VERY convenient for many of the NY attractions, just a short walk to central park, MoMA, 5th avenue, and a couple of subway stops .
We were on the 44th floor, and found there were no problems with street noise or noise from other guests.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel has smartened itself up since I last stayed there in 2008.

The staff are more friendly (still a bit New York standoffish) and the decor has had a welcome makeover.

The hotel was celebrating its 50th birthday on June 25th - the loop on this playing in all the lifts gets a bit irritating after a while. But overall, a good hotel in a good location.

I do have one big gripe (after the $14.99 price for the patchy internet) however, which is that there were NO COFFEE MAKERS in any of the rooms.

When I asked about this I was told their hotel policy is not not to have them. This alone would colour my decision not to stay here again. I absolutely expect a coffee maker.

Hopefully if enough people complain they may change their mind because, overall, I like the Hilton chain and would hate this to be a reason to avoid it.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

The Hilton is in a GREAT location!!! We walked everywhere. The staff is both attentive and warm and went out of there way to meet all of our requests. We were a group of 11 people with 5 rooms and can be categorized on the "needy" side. Every request was made with a "no problem" or "What can I do to help?" or "yes, of course." Considering this a very heavy traffic hotel, I find that to be a great characteristic.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family